Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 18, 2018

Elephant?

Alex?
Alex in the movie 2003 movie 'Elephant'
When I was writing my post -
The Elephants in the Room 2?
I came across the 'Elephant' movie poster with the orange elephant and was going to include the poster and a bit of a rant about the movie, but then got a feeling that I shouldn't bother bringing the subject of school shootings up, especially in October, a month associated with orange and death.
Although it doesn't really matter bringing it up today, since the school shooting is all over the web today in the media, so it wouldn't make much difference me discussing why I didn't bring it up in my elephant post.
The Shadow-snake and the Shamanistic Magickal World of Alan Moore?
That Joker Isn't Funny Anymore
Who's the Real Joker Here?
He's probably still got a trunk load of books to flog off I would imagine, so never let a chance go by right Loren?-)
Knowing my luck I probably just made a sale or two for Loren by mentioning that book, or the elephant in the room, should I write?-)
WARNING: Spoilers and violent scenes in the above You Tube
"Elephant is a 2003 drama film edited, written and directed by Gus Van Sant.
It takes place in the fictional Watt High School, in the suburbs of Portland, Oregon, and chronicles the events surrounding a school shooting, based in part on the 1999 Columbine High School massacre.
The film begins a short time before the shooting occurs, following the lives of several characters both in and out of school, who are unaware of what is about to unfold.
The film stars mostly new or non-professional actors, including John Robinson, Alex Frost, and Eric Deulen.
Elephant is the second film in Van Sant's "Death Trilogy"—the first is Gerry (2002) and the third Last Days (2005)—all three of which are based on actual events.
Elephant was generally praised by critics and received the Palme d'Or at the 2003 Cannes Film Festival, in which Patrice ChΓ©reau was the head of the jury.
The film was controversial for its subject matter and allegations of influence on the Red Lake shootings."
There are certainly a ton of elephants in the room in this post, but none more so than the 2003 movie, I think.
And whatever conspiracy theories hatch from this school shooting, my only real interest is from the synchronicity angle from my previous posts.
From which ever way you look at this shooting, it was a crime where innocent lives were lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment