Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 9, 2018

The Elephants in the Room 2?

Front page of the September 25th, 2018 local newspaper
I bought a book in August called 'Elephants on Acid' by Alex Boese when I was down in Byron Bay for the Byron Writers Festival, which I wrote about in this post -
What Are We Going to Do About the Ibis?
The books I bought on the
Thursday at
Byron Bay
I've never done acid ... yet, but I'm always curious about LSD and the stories of people who have had interesting trips on the drug.
But to be honest I just liked the trippy cover design of this book and thought it looked like some interesting light reading.
September 25th, 2018 local newspaper
When I saw a newspaper story on September 25th about the elephant headed Indian god I decided it was time to get reading 'Elephants on Acid' .
When I read the blurb on the back cover of the book where it asks the reader if they have ever wondered how long a severed head retains consciousness, I couldn't help but think of Kali and her heads.
Then I read the question on the back cover where it asked would your dog go get help for you if you fell down a mine shaft.
I thought probably not, but I thought with this year being the year of the dog it must be the right time to start reading this book.
But I'm trying to read 'Moby Dick', as well, so when I needed a break from reading one book I would pick up the other.
And 'Elephants on Acid' is really just a whole book of sub-chapter length stories all brought together in the one book, which makes it easy to read a few stories and put the book down and read another book for a while.
So the combination of reading these two books together started to prove rather trippy in a sychronistic sense as far as real-life news events lining up with the themes and subject matter of the two books, but not really in a good way a lot of the time.
 The September 25th, 2018 local newspaper
2018 and that Sinking/Synching Feeling?
The Last Wave?
By the end of the week, it wasn't the elephant in the room that was worrying me, but -
Who Am I to Judge?
A sub-chapter from the book 'Elephants on Acid'
I'd say there are more rough seas ahead yet for 2018.
Life Is Fine? Waving and Not Drowning in 2018?
The Elephants in the Room?

No comments:

Post a Comment