Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 27, 2018

A Town's War Over the 'Rainbow Staircase': Get Over It Maybe?

I'm thinking of painting my own message
at the bottom of the stairway;-)
I just had to laugh on so many levels when I saw this news story the other night on a current affairs TV show -
Town's war over 'rainbow staircase' that caught A-lister's eye
"A heated war of words has erupted in the peaceful seaside town of Rainbow Beach in Queensland over a colourfully painted staircase, which has gone viral online and attracted celebrity attention.
The debate was started by local business advocacy group 
Team Rainbow, which received funding to paint a 72-step staircase at the popular tourist town.
“I got involved in the commerce and tourism and said, 'hey guys, why don’t we put the rainbow back into Rainbow Beach',” 
Team Rainbow secretary Dr Darryl Gauld OAM told A Current Affair."
And while I have never been to Rainbow Beach, after seeing this news story I'm tempted to drive up there and paint 'GET OVER IT' at the base of the staircase.
But since I find living OK at the moment, I don't want to piss off an ex-cage fighter by adding my words to the augment:-)
With Chris Hemsworth working for Tourism Australia, some have put this down to a tourism stunt.
But either way, this little black duck is now curious to make the trek up the stairs sometime in the near future ... leaving my paintbrush and black paint back at home though Bronwyn:-)
A scene from the first Hemsworth 'Thor' movie;-)
Thor in the Time of the Great Thaw?
Seems to be a bit of a Thor point:-)
72-step staircase?
Asgood as it gets?-)
Luke, #11 and the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on Byron Time?
Maybe next time Chris is flying from Byron Bay to Rainbow Beach he can stop in at Logan and pick me up?-)
And don't forget to pick up Hugh Jackman on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment