Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 24, 2019

'Fault in Our Stars' and 'The New Mutants' Director Josh Boone Interviews Whitley Strieber About Whitley's New Book 'A New World'?

I listened to a podcast yesterday where up and coming writer/director/producer Josh Boone interviewed author
Whitley Strieber about Whitley's new book 'A New World'.
Josh Boone is the director of The Fault in Our Stars, The Stand Mini-Series to be released on CBS later this year, and The New Mutants, to be released in theaters in 2020.
Josh is also producing, writing and directing a series based on Whitley’s life for a major network that is expected to be released in 2020.
And as Kim Sylvia says in a comment under the You Tube of that podcast, "Ha! Have fun with that buddy!"
I have to say that what really intrigued me in this interview was Josh's interest in Whitley's enigmatic life story, not Whitley's new book, which sounds even more confusing to me than his previous books.
I can't wait to watch Josh's series about Whitley's life though.
What Are the Eyes Actually Seeing?
With Eyes Wide Open
Whitley has always baffled me with his books and interviews and strikes me as a person who just can't put the pieces that 
"The Visitors" are giving him together to solve the puzzle correctly.
After listening to the podcast I wrote my post -
What is a Visual Metaphor?
A whole 21 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle from a Half Dollar?-)
I was looking for an image to represent putting the wrong pieces of the puzzle together and stumbled across the guy who saws coins to pieces to make small puzzles to sell, which I found perfect, as to me Whitley is always trying to make money out of his stories.
As an example Josh asks Whitley to share "the sensing exercise" with listeners, to which Whitley responds to Josh's request by saying that he won't share it in the free podcast, as paid subscribers to his website can get it there.
I would think that someone trying to save our world would gladly share such helpful information for free, wouldn't you?
Interestingly I had written the visual metaphor post before I had seen the scene below about the unlit cigarette metaphor ... although I had seen this movie years ago on a hired DVD, so maybe the visual metaphor thing was swimming close to the surface of my conscious recall.
I liked 'The Fault in Our Stars' , but even it had a few faults according to the review in the You Tube below:-)
And while I can't say that I'm an X-men fan, I will check out
'The New Mutants' directed and written by Josh when and if it finally hits the cinema screens in 2020.
And I wouldn't mind seeing the version of Stephen King's 'The Stand' that Josh is working on for a TV series based on King's book.
I have to admit that Josh Boone's interest in King and Strieber, as well as Jeff Kripal also interests me -
Fiction Predictions?
I think Josh is a very interesting guy with a bright Hollywood future ahead of him somehow.
Manson's cover of The Doors' "The End" for 'The Stand'
m
I remember listening to Stephen King on a 'Desert Island Discs' show mention that the song 'The End' from 'The Doors' reminds him of the days that he and a friend would drink themselves into oblivion while listening to it.
Charles Manson would die on November 19th
years after this podcast, too

No comments:

Post a Comment