Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 25, 2019

Except for the Point, the Still Point, There Would Be No Dance, and There is Only Dance?

I finished reading the last chapter of 
'The Many Faces of Coincidence' by Laurence Browne where Laurence was writing about the influence that the I Ching had on Jung's early work in Jung's work on synchronicity and Laurence ended that chapter with a quote from Mai-mai Sze where she quoted T.S.Eliot (see photo below) and it was this part of that quote that struck me -
"Except for the point, the still point, there would be no dance, and there is only dance."
Which reminded me of the music box ballerina that was so popular when I was growing up in the late sixties and early seventies (probably still is today, too) and I got the image in my head of a ballerina dancing in the center of a Yin/Yang symbol on her single pointe spinning around in the center while the symbol spinning around as well.
I wondered if there were any such images on the net, but I couldn't find any.
The closest I could find were the ones below.
Not exactly what I had in mind, but close as far as the idea goes.
I also found a discontinued Walmart necklace with two pairs of pointe shoes either side of a yin/yang symbol and thought why not just have one pointe shoe either side of the symbol instead, as a sign of personal balance?
The discontinued Walmart necklace
Sufi dancers also spin around in a similar fashion to music box dancers.
Not really being into ballet myself I then wondered if there were any yin/yang ballet videos on the net ... and again I didn't find many, but the ones I found were interesting nevertheless.
I found that last one impressive because it had the spinning circle in the background and the You Tube of the dance ran for 2:27 minutes, 22/7 being a fraction expressing the idea of pi in mathematics.
The Synchromystic Arts and Whatever Happened to Steve Willner?
But there was one video that caught my attention in the group of You Tubes my search brought up and it was this one below.
I don't know much about the technicalities of dance and don't really care, because I know what I like and I liked this idea of 
Elisha White's of the two dancers being the one dancer.
It's a bit like the movie 'Black Swan', but without the evil is black/good is white crap of old western movies from Hollywood's hay day.
It was the number of hits Elisha's video had of 4024 that sucked me into taking a look at the clip, as 424 is a number that grabs my attention being a meaningful number in my life.
But I also watched this movie of Elisha's titled 'Draw My Life' where she draws her life on a window to the outside world, which reminded me of Crowe's character in the movie 'A Beautiful Mind'.
Another video that caught my attention of Elisha's was one titled 'Drew Barrymore', because I had just written and posted a post on my blog about Will Morgan's sync video with and about 
Andras Jones, who was the first actor to kiss Drew on screen -
Andras Jones, Will Morgan and #MeToo?
42 Minutres Podcast Episode 45: Andras Jones & Will Morgan
The Dance of Chance for an Avid Reader?
Another coincidence was after reading Laurence Browne's last chapter about Jung and the I Ching I pulled out an old book from my bookcase I had bought years ago but never read which was about the I Ching and had a laugh when I found out the author of that book was named Brian Browne Walker and the full title of the book is 'The I Ching or Book of Changes: A Guide to Life's Turning Point[e?]s':-)
The dance of chance continues it would seem?
Synchromysticism, Mega-Synchronicity, Chance and COINcidence?
And keep making those "crappy" videos of your's Elisha, as I think you have the makings of a sync-head with that beautiful mind;-)
The day after I put this post up I saw this story about a 97 year-old Australian woman doing classes with the Australian Ballet, so I thought I would put a link to the story here -

No comments:

Post a Comment