Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 28, 2019

The Lighthouse and the Dark Synchromystic Rabbit Hole?

The Lighthouse Podcast: trailer
Posted on October 31st, 2019?
Halloween?!
Chris Hemsworth in the hood
October 31st, 2019? 
A coming attraction movie poster cut-out I saw
at the Palace Cinemas on
 May 31st, 2019
In my last post I wrote about finding a podcast called
'The Lighthouse' about a Belgian backpacker who went missing on May 31st, which just happened to be the day I was down there catching a movie at a cinema across the road from the bar he was kicked out of later that night, before I went to catch a play that night up in Bangalow -
750,000 Podcasts (And Nothing On)?
Watching that 'Rocketman' trailer in hindsight of the events that have happened since that 31st day back in May seems kind of eerie, especially the water scenes.
And seeing that screenshot of 'The Lighthouse' podcast trailer at the top of this post where Theo's relative is wearing a
black rabbit football jersey reminded me of when I met Matt Haig down in Byron Bay in 2018 in this post I wrote -
Anxiety, Crossing Our Bridges When We Come to Them and a Plate of Shrimp?
My Happy Mess?
'Notes on a Nervous Planet'
I'm not suggesting that Theo was suicidal like Matt was when Matt admitted to once thinking about jumping off a cliff in Spain in one of those books in that 'My Happy Mess' post, I'm referring to that post because of the detective reference and all of the armchair detectives in that Lighthouse podcast "helping" the detectives to do their job.
It reminds me of the characters in the Netflix show I just watched this week called 'DON'T F**K WITH CATS' -
DON'T F**K WITH CATS ... or Pia Zadora?
'The Lighthouse' podcast is a fascinating listen to show how social media is a double-edged sword, with Facebook groups trying to solve crimes and connect dots that aren't always there, to Google following your every move on your phone, like Google did with Theo's social media use.
Ironically Matt Haig writes in his books about trying to limit social media use, even though Matt admits to just how hard that is.
'The Lighthouse' Episode 2: Tracked
'The Lighthouse' Episode 4: Into the dark
 I hope Theo's family find closure with some evidence turning up, but my gut feeling is he somehow went into the water and got washed out to sea.
But hey, I'm no psychic, although listening to my Bundjalung mate in that podcast and with that whale turning up in ceremony like that, my thoughts are Theo drowned and is now on the other side.
'The Lighthouse' Episode 6: The way forward
Next time I'm down Byron way I'll stop in at the lighthouse and think of Theo.

UPDATE: December 31st, 2019
Horror Sunday on Australian waters

No comments:

Post a Comment