Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 8, 2019

Chilling Charles Dickens Stories?

A ghost at the end of 'A Christmas Carol'
bidding us all farewell:-)
I saw a stage play last Tuesday of yet another version of the favourite Christmas ghost story of Charles Dickens'
'A Christmas Carol', but this one was the best I had ever seen from an atmosphere and visual point of view.
I wouldn't have bothered going if I hadn't have been given a $100 QPAC gift voucher that was due to expire on December 9th, 2019 from my sons for a present from last Christmas.
The Ghost of Christmas Future
Dickens' grave in Westminster Abbey
I had received an e-mail for a 48 hour offer on buying $40 tickets for the play, which usually sold for $69 dollars each, so I bought three tickets using the voucher and making up the difference on my credit card, and offered a ticket each to my sons to go with me.
Which we all enjoyed.
The Staplehurst rail crash
The thing I find spooky with Dickens though, and I never knew about him until I was reading about
the circumstances of his death on Wikipedia, was how he was involved in a rail disaster where he was very lucky not to have been killed, and that five years to the very day later Dickens would die from a stoke.
I'd like to see a movie based on Dicken's surviving this train crash and writing 'The Signal Man' and then dying on the fifth year anniversary of the train crash.
Now there is a story to rival 'A Christmas Carol' for real life chills, I think anyway.
I wrote a post  in 2017 about seeing the movie called
'The Man Who Invented Christmas', but I knew nothing about the train crash and death of Dickens back then -
A Shamanic Christmas Story?
Maybe because Dickens was rumoured to have been traveling with his mistress at the time of the train crash his estate doesn't want his reputation turned into a train-wreck with the publicity such a movie would afford it?
Maybe his estate would rather keep Dickens' shadow side in the dark when it came to this side of his life ... and death?-)
Shadows at the Door Podcast Episode Four: The Signalman
Maybe 'The Signal Man' is the story to read on New Year's Eve to see if your life is still on the right track ... or not?-)
Apocalypso?

No comments:

Post a Comment