Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 9, 2019

Softening into the Timeless Cycle of Presence?

Surfing the Tao?-)
I read an article in the Summer 2019 issue (that's the northern hemisphere of the planet's summer, because down here in Australia where I live summer 2019 is just hotting up as we head into Christmas and the New Year) of Watkin's 'Mind Body Spirit' magazine about a talk that Michael A. Rodriguez gave at Watkin's bookstore (the You Tube above) about his book 'Boundless Awareness', an article which I found was well worth immersing myself in.
Surfing through the suffering?-)
Rumi and the Ocean
Steve Irwin Day?
Swimming with the Sharks
That shark on my sink was from
a
Steve Irwin action figure set
Washing Up is Good for You?
I'm not into meditation, as much as I know it is probably a practice worth taking up, and normally I would skip an article that looked to me as just another write up about the wonderful practice of mindfulness and meditation ... and I very nearly did skip this article if it wasn't for that nagging little voice somewhere in my own (?) awareness that told me I should read the article.
Daz, soap-powder 
named after me
?-)
I normally find people trying to flog "mindfulness" repulsive, because most of them are just trying to repackage teachings that have come before and re-brand them in modern packages to sell like some kind of appealing mental softener to take the dirt out of our life hurts and thoughts.
And who knows if Michael isn't just trying to sell and re-package more of the same? 
But I did find the article in the 'Mind Body Spirit' magazine a profound read, and it's not like Michael was telling me something that I hadn't thought about before ... I had just put it to the back of my awareness, and try finding your awareness never mind the back of it:-) 
Awearness is better in soft clothing?-)
If you can't get a copy of the article from the
Summer 2019 'Mind Body Spirit' magazine to read (and I think that issue is chock full of great articles), then listen to the You Tube above of Michael's talk at Watkin's.
And even though Michael has done the talk as guided meditation, don't worry about going on the guided meditation the first time through, just listen to what he is saying.
I found certain sections of Michael's talk synchromystically amusing, such as when a siren can be heard in the streets outside of the bookstore when he says, "if you approach yourself with harshness, rigidity, with violence, you are doing yourself harm", or when Michael mentions the hummingbird sipping on the flower's nectar.
Or when that arsehole unaware person keeps crinkling that food wrapping (or whatever) near the end of a talk which is being recorded for a You Tube upload, even when Michael mentions the "crackling" to that unaware person supposedly listening to his talk:-)
'Soften into Presence'
uploaded
August 30th, 2018
Hummingbird Medicine?
Robert Irwin Anna's Hummingbird Canvas
Time to unload the mind again with some soft awareness/a-wear-ness?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment