Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 19, 2019

What is Sensory Herbalism?

I saw this article about herbalism ... or as Americans say 'erbalism ... in a 'Mind Body Spirit' magazine and had to chuckle like a moronic Homer Simpson when I saw the dope leaf on the 
NEXUS magazine cover on the opposite page from the article.
That reminded me that I had seen a NEXUS magazine I had lying around in a bedroom drawer, which I bought back in 2017, but was yet to read.
I don't often buy NEXUS magazine much anymore, as half the stories in the magazine are usually unbelievable tales of UFO abductions, or NWO plans to take over the world (OK, some of those aren't too far of a stretch IMO).
But it was the article about the secret language of the forests that I was interested in mainly when I bought this particular issue.
The article was an excerpt from the book 'The Hidden Life of Trees' by Peter Wohllenben, a book that I wouldn't mind reading at some point further down my life path, as it looks to be very interesting.
The intelligence and magic of nature I think too many people take for granted, because it's all around us and can seem rather mundane, unless you are paying attention to it.
I've noticed that the covers of recent NEXUS magazines seem to have more pictures of nature rather than aliens and such that were once on the covers when I had a subscription to the magazine years ago.
Not that the latest issue has a nature theme on the cover.
"Nexus magazine was handed on to Duncan Roads in 1990, continuing a long tradition of keeping alternative publications alive in Australia, regardless of monetary considerations.
Following the handover, the topics covered by Nexus were changed slightly and production was moved to a bi-monthly publication schedule."
I did buy a DVD about hemp from NEXUS magazine some years back now, which I found rather interesting, and I see that in my 2017 NEXUS magazine it is still being sold.
But getting back to the 'Mind Body Spirit' magazine ... and nature ... I saw an article about two page turns back from the NEXUS magazine advert that had an article written by a Michael J Roads, and I wondered if this was Duncan Roads' father.
I thought maybe this is why NEXUS magazine has taken on a more nature based almost shamanic bent since I had my subscription with the magazine years back.
I liked Michael's article about nature in the 'Mind Body Spirit' magazine, but knew nothing of the man or his writings, so I decided to do some digging on him and his work, pardon the pun.
I found Michael's website, which had a link to an interview Michael had done years ago at the 'Buddha at the Gas Pump' site with 
Rick Archer, so I watched it.
Some of what Michael said in that interview I liked, but some of it I found rather delusional to be honest.
But Micheal did say that he had a son who still refuses to speak to him for undisclosed reasons.
I think that son may have been Duncan somehow, but I'm only trying to connect dots which may not be there to really connect.
I can't say that I'd be handing out hard earned cash to Michael for his teachings, but his article was worth a read. 
Well, if nothing but a bit of a wild goose chase, the NEXUS advert did get my attention to read Micheal's article, my 
2017 NEXUS magazine (and then to pass it on for someone else to read), to checkout the website of Fiona Heckels and Karen Lawton, and to maybe start growing my own herbs ... legal ones of course:-)
Big Ideas Podcast: Can trees talk and think?
And to maybe hide a few trees in my backyard, as well;-)
Vegan Curious?
The Magic Mushroom Christmas Theory?

UPDATE: December 21st, 2019
You can hear NEXUS editor Duncan Roads talk about the latest NEXUS issue in the RadioOutThere podcast in the link below, not that I'll be rushing out to buy it -
ROT Episode 786: December 20th 2019 Duncan Roads – Censored Stories of 2019, Climate Confusion and more

No comments:

Post a Comment