Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 5, 2019

Searching for the Stars?

Daniela Manutius-Forster,
artist and storyteller
I saw a painting that mesmerized me, which was in the same
'Mind Body Spirit' magazine that I wrote about in this post -
America Before?
If I had a spare $18,000 I wouldn't mind seeing Daniela's painting hanging on my living room wall.
Maybe Daniela's painting reminds me of Robert Irwin's photographic prints of the Milky Way, which I was admiring at
the Australia Zoo website not long before reading about Daniela's art in 'Mind Body Spirit' magazine?
Hummingbird Medicine?
Now, if only I had a spare $299 or $99 in my bank account to splash out on art, then maybe I could buy a Robert Irwin print of the 
Milky Way over Oz and hang that on my wall, instead of Daniela's $17,690 painting?
It's probably just images of the Milky Way that mesmerize me and Danelia's painting reminds me of seeing the earth in front of the Milky Way, even if only in a semi-subliminal way.
Oddly enough, I saw these winning photographs above in my local Brisbane newspaper on November 26th, 2019 and couldn't help thinking of Robert Irwin's photographs, especially since the winning photo was of a crocodile by Jannico Kelk and the people's choice was a photo of the Milky Way by Steven Lippis.
I guess everyone is a star in a way, when it comes to art?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment