Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 9, 2019

American Gods and 9/11?

Hmm ... didn't Hitler die on April 30th?
Coincidence?-)
Hmm ... wasn't Hitler born on April 20th, too?
Crispin Glover in American Gods (2017)
W?
I've not read Neil Gaiman's novel 'American Gods', but I did slog my way through two seasons of the TV show at Amazon Prime last week.
The idea is interesting, but I've found the show pretty boring and hard to force myself to watch.
Maybe the book is better, but I don't want to read it now after slogging through two seasons of the TV show.
'American Gods' Season 2 Episode 2
What I find interesting in a synchromystic sense is that the novel was published nearly three months before 9/11 happened.
And the attack on September 11 took place on a Tuesday, which is the day after Monday and the day before Wednesday.
Wednesday?
Monday?
Monday?
"Tuesday is the day of the week between Monday and Wednesday.
According to international standard ISO 8601, Monday is the first day of the week and so Tuesday is the second day of the week.
According to some commonly used calendars, however, especially in the United States, Sunday is the first day of the week and so Tuesday is the third day of the week.
The English name is derived from Old English Tiwesdæg and Middle English Tewesday, meaning "Tīw's Day", the day of Tiw or Týr, the god of single combat, and law and justice in Norse mythology. Tiw was equated with Mars in the interpretatio germanica, and the name of the day is a translation of Latin dies Martis."
Tuesday?
Gillian Anderson from 'The X-Files' as the god Media
It's kind of ironic that after 9/11 the "New Gods" Neil Gaiman writes about in his 'American Gods' novel seemed to become a lot more powerful all of a sudden.
Why does the 9th of August ring a bell for me?
I guess we all like something to believe in, true or not, right?-)
I wish I could believe that season 3 looks like it's worth watching, but I just can't.
Neil Gaiman and 'Good Omens'?

No comments:

Post a Comment