Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 2, 2019

Neil Gaiman and 'Good Omens'?

Published on May 1st?! May Day?
After listening to the 'Fiction Predictions' podcast where the cast of 'Good Omens' was interviewed about the 2019 TV show and
Neil Gaiman was asked about the book the show was based off and which turns 30 in 2020, I decided to watch all of the current episodes and found the TV show quite amusing.
And I'm not someone into the Biblical apocalypse tales to be honest.
Fictions Predictions Podcast: Neil Gaiman on 'Good Omens'
The 'Fiction Predictions' podcast hosts seemed to think it was a dying wish of Terry Pratchet's for Neil to write a TV show for
'Good Omens'.
I haven't read any of Neil Gaiman's  or  Terry Pratchet's books, but I've heard that God wasn't mentioned that much in the book, but that God is the narrator of the TV show.
Which made me wonder if Neil had seen my combined quotes floating around the web when God says in the TV show -
Probably just a case of great minds thinking alike, right?-)
But I've got to admit that Neil's quote might make for a more interesting fridge magnet;-)
I like the idea of Earth being a Libran, too.
And I'll bet that if God had a star sign in that show it would be Virgo/Libra.
I don't know why I would think of Virgo/Libra being the qualities I would look for from a god;-) 
After watching 'Good Omens' I decided to watch the TV show 'American Gods' based off one of Neil Gaiman's books.
I'm half way through the series and have to say that this show is not my cup of tea, but I'm determined to make it through to the end of the first season.
I won't be watching a season two though, God willing.
Gillian Anderson in American Gods (2017)
UPDATE: Until I got to the end of season 1, I didn't realize that there is already a season 2 to watch, plus a season 3 in the works.
After watching all of season 1, I can't say that I'm a fan of
'American Gods'.
Grim 3000yo warning about to come true?!
And I hope 'The Sandman' will make for a better watch when it comes out as a TV series.
Aired in the Year of the Pig?-)
Aired in 2007, the Year of the Pig?-)
Cambridge's 'Pink Floyd' Pub 'Flying Pig' Saved from Demolition in the Year of the Pig?

No comments:

Post a Comment