Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 20, 2019

What is it with Stan Grof, Me and Synchronicity?

I've never done any psychedelic drugs up to the present point in my life, nor have I done breath work, but I have read Stan Grof's book 'When the Impossible Happens' and had some very weird real life things happen to me when I was reading it, as I wrote in this post -
When The Impossible Happens ... to Me
And touched on again in this post -
Tuning In to Abundance?
From Wayne Dyer's book
'You'll See It When You Believe It'
Last night just before going to bed I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and there in the bath tub was a dirty big cockroach.
It was the biggest one I had seen in my home since I had been living here.
In fact I haven't seen hardly any roaches since I've been living in this current home.
I was too tired to go down stairs and grab the tin of insect spray to kill it, so I just left it and went to bed.
I was listening to a podcast on my iPad before I went to the bathroom and when I got back there was a new podcast from
'Rebel Wisdom' with an interview involving Stan Grof.
I was too tired to listen to it and thought I would listen to it in the morning while having breakfast.
This morning when I got up the cockroach was nowhere to be seen.
As I'm sitting at the table having breakfast and listening to Stan on the podcast he mentions that cockroaches will probably be one of the only surviving species in the future if we don't start looking after the planet.
When he said that I wondered whatever happened to that big cockroach I saw in the bathroom last night and as soon as I thought that I saw something moving under a stand in my living room.
It was the cockroach from last night on its back looking like it was dying.
I never sprayed it and there is no surface spray applied around the home so maybe it copped a spray from a neighbour's place first?
Another funny thing was that I've been tossing up whether to get a dragon tattoo on my left forearm, because I was born in the 
Year of the Dragon and I've often thought about getting one over the years and now that I'm studying Asian spirituality I was thinking about it again.
Then after listening to Stan I watched the You Tube of the interview and Stan is resting in an armchair with Asian dragon imagery over it.
Who needs drugs when life is one weird trip all by itself?

No comments:

Post a Comment