Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 28, 2019

'Synchromysticism' and Prog Rock?

When I was writing up my last post -
God Doesn't Play Yahtzee With the Universe?
and getting a link to use from Wikipedia for the definition of  the term "synchromysticism", I saw that there was a St. Louis Prog Rock band named  "Yowie" who released an album named 'Synchromysticism'.
I thought this was strange as the book I featured in that post has the main character just about always playing or talking about the
King Crimson album 'In the Wake of Poseidon' as well just what makes good progressive rock like his idols K[F#ckin']C do ... in his eyes anyway, not mine.
I think I would rather play Yahtzee than listen to these types of prog rock bands for pleasure.
No offence meant, as I'm sure they are good musicians, it's just not my kind of music.
I did find the name 'Yowie' for a band amusing though.
A Yowie is a supposedly Aussie mythical bigfoot like creature as described in the video below.  
I'd never heard of this band before and did a search for a You Tube of their music.
Well talk about synchromysticism, because the number of hits on their You Tube was my postcode number.
I had also watched the doco 'Australien Skies' on Amazon Prime after I had watched 'Australien Skies 2' and the subject of Yowies are brought up as the filmmakers are camping out in the Queensland bush in search of UFOs.
Today is Carl Jung's and Stanley Kubrick's Birthday ... Just Coincidence?
The funny thing also is that the 'Mysterious Universe' boys have moved right onto the edge of Yowie country, as the town of Kilcoy isn't too far away from their new studio.
It's a small world and a mysterious universe it seems:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment