Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 18, 2019

A Dark Moon Festival for 2019?

I saw a news story on the ABC website about a partial lunar eclipse taking place synchromystically enough pretty much around the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission landing a man or two on the moon ... "if you believe" to quote an REM song.
Partial lunar eclipse to kick off 'moon festival'
Having read the book 'Dark Moon' and watched Bart Sibrel's videos I'm one of those lunar-ticks who believe that the USA are still keeping alive cold war stories with the Apollo myths they are trying to keep alive.
I believe they've put unmanned probes onto the lunar surface like the ones on other planets like Mars, but I think the
deadly radiation belts have stopped any nation putting a live man on the moon to this day.
If the Americans made it to the moon alive it certainly wasn't in the tin cans beamed back in the grainy black and white TV images and those BS colour photos.
When the Russians, Chinese, Indians, or any other nation who are probably making NASA very nervous right now actually get a human on the lunar surface maybe then I'll believe the Americans really did get there first, but until then I lean to the side of the argument that says they didn't.
Actually, I hope one of those nations puts a woman on the moon first, that will really throw a spanner in the works if it turns out the Americans really are telling porky pies about landing a "man" on the moon;-)
And I have to say that I'm 100% in the "earth is a globe" camp, but as much as I think Mark Sargent is wrong about a "flat earth" I totally agree with him in this recent podcast where he talks about how deadly to humans the radiation between here and the moon (or Mars for that matter) is -
Flat Earth Conspiracy Theory with Mark Sargent Podcast
Anyway, this post isn't really all about whether a man got to the moon or not 50 years ago, this post is about the
Chinese Moon Festival coming up in 2019.
When I read the above news story about the partial lunar eclipse kicking off the "moon festival" I thought it was a bit early for the Chinese Moon Festival to be happening, not that I really had a clue when it was taking place this year.
So I looked it up and was stunned to find out this year it takes place on Friday the 13th of September.
It wasn't the fact that this year's Moon Festival takes place on a "Black Friday", but for me September 13th is the third anniversary of my father's passing.
I still have the page that I ripped off my Chinese wall calendar that was hanging in my kitchen that day.
Mid-Autumn Festival Dates in 2019, 2020…
"The mid-Autumn [Moon] Festival is held on the 15th day of the eighth month of the Chinese calendar, which is in September or early October on the Gregorian calendar."
"The Mid-Autumn Festival is the second most important traditional festival in China (the most important one is Chinese New Year).
There are many traditional and new celebrations.
Read on to see how Chinese people celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival."
10 Mid-Autumn Festival Traditions
Well, come September 13th, 2019 I'll be buying a moon cake and heading out to a Chinese restaurant to have dinner with my two boys in honour of my late father.
Having Dinner Together — Happy Family Reunion Time
"[In China] as the Mid-Autumn Festival represents the reunion of families, families will have dinner together on that night.
People who don't have time to stay with their parents will try their best to go home to at least have dinner together.
Therefore, there can be traffic jams during this festival.
In the past, mothers would cook delicious food at home and families would spend some happy time together
Nowadays, most families tend to have dinner at a restaurant rather than cook at home.
Therefore, famous restaurants can be fully booked on the Mid-Autumn Festival night."
In Australia where I live, September is in the spring, not the autumn, a bit like how Christmas in Australia is in our summer, not winter, so we get used to the seasons and festivals of the northern hemisphere not being in sync with our Aussie seasons.
Well, I know what I have planned for September 13th this year now.
Cheers, and here's to the moon ... whatever you want to believe about it or events surrounding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment