Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 13, 2019

The Red Dirt Report: Another Blog Bites the Dust/That's All Folks?

I just read the latest 'Dust Devil Dreams' post (yes, I'm the one who reads the blog;-) titled 'Goodbye Stranger' at the Red Dirt Report, where Andrew West Griffin wrote in that post how after 12 years he was winding up the on-line newspaper.
12 Years is of course one cycle through the Chinese zodiac and with this year being the Year of the Pig that means Andrew started the 'Red Dirt Report' in 2007, the Year of the Pig.
Andrew writes in that post about walking into an 'Earl's Rib Palace' and seeing a poster recreating the album cover of 'Supertramp''s 1979 'Breakfast in America', but with a pig as a waitress, as well as hearing the song 'Goodbye Stranger'.
Earl's Rib Palace's 2000/2001 twins poster
Andrew writes about the 1999 film 'Magnolia', released 20 years after 'Goodbye Stranger' was on the charts.
But I noticed that, "on June 20, 1996, exactly 87 years after Earlywine “Earl” Jackson was born, his great grandson, Merle Jackson, bequeathed the sole copy of Earl’s Official & Unabridged Handbook of BBQ Recipes, Sides & Such to two young BBQ aficionados from Oklahoma City.
They opened Earl’s Rib Palace on Western Avenue
that same day to ensure his spirit and authentic Oklahoma BBQ recipes live on."
and that ...
June 20th is Nicole Kidman's birthday and she was the co-star of another 1999 movie alongside her then husband and star of the film 'Magnolia'.
Released 1999
Kidman as Woolf?
And did Andrew mention something about lighthouses
in that post?-)
"But I though it was interesting in light of my prior Dust Devil Dreams post, "Keys need doors," where I emphasize lighthouses."
I guess he did then;-)
Regarding Andrew's comment -
"Red Dirt Report is winding down.
I have serious mixed feelings about it. 
I created it 12 years ago this past week - July 4, 2007."
2007 was the last time it was the 'Year of the Pig'.
Andrew writes,
"My Jungian interpretation is that the collective consciousness was reminding me that moving on will be hard, but it's the right thing to do at this moment of my life.
My identity for so long has been that of a reporter/journalist.
I will still be that, writing Dust Devil Dreams and the occasional review, but the author of books is where I'm heading, if things work out the way I hope they do.
Now, if I can just finish this book!"
"In his spare time, Griffin is working on a book titled 1966: Sowing the Seeds of the Summer of Love."
'Pearls Before Swine' and Speaking of Jung?
I guess after 12 years the signs might be there for Andrew to give Red Dirt Report the chop after-all.
But I hope that's not all folks.
Canberra Connections
Andrew West Griffin (right) with Steve Kilbey
 of
The Church (left) in Dallas
Mysterious Universe/Mysterious Canberra
PAPER Planes Sync in the FLOW

No comments:

Post a Comment