Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 20, 2019

The New CATSnip and Other Stranger Things?

Tom Hopper Hooper's new CATS trailer looks trippier than some more recent Stranger Things I've watched lately:-)
In Space No One Can Hear You Scream Ice Cream?
Oops!
Wrong You Tube there, sorry.
Time for a New Lion King?
Transition into Leo ♌️ and the 8-8-2019 Lions Gate Activation ... Sirius-ly?
The trailer for CATS is just in time for the "Lion's Gate Activation" coincidentally.
Universal Pictures originally planned to release Wicked (2021) on CATS release date.
I must admit that I'm a big fan of CATS, in fact right now as I type this post out I'm drinking coffee from my huge CATS coffee cup I bought at the last CATS musical that I saw in Brisbane.
A Wonderland of Coincidence in the Book Cellar
Real cats that have moved through my life have taught and brought me a lot of life lessons and set me on the strange trip that I'm still on and to try to make sense of this life I'm now living -
My Cat Sylvester (R.I.P.) and Memories (CATS) of the Future and the Past?
Even in the trivia section for this new movie version of the stage play I see synchronicity at play with its tricksterish wink.
Taylor Swift in Cats (2019)
Taylor Swift was considered for the role of Eponine in Tom Hooper's Les Misรฉrables(2012), but she lost the part to Samantha Barks.
Barks/CATS?-)
Ironically Barks plays a character named Taylor in her upcoming movie 'Chocolate Cake'.
Rebel Wilson in Cats (2019)
"Ironically, Rebel Wilson is allergic to cats in real life."
CATSnip maybe?-)
Judi Dench as Anne Hathaway?!
"Dame Judi Dench was cast in the original 1981 London stage production in the dual roles of Jennyanydots and Grizabella.
However, shortly before the opening of the original production, she suffered an injury that forced her to withdraw from the show, to be replaced at the last minute by Elaine Paige."
"This is the first time Old Deuteronomy has been represented as female."
Judi Dench in Cats (2019)
"In Six Degrees of Separation (1993), Paul (Will Smith) tells dinner guests his father is making a movie of the hit play "Cats".
Among the guests excited to be an extra in the movie of "Cats" was Sir Ian McKellen who plays Gus The Theatre Cat in this new movie."
Being a member of the Brisbane Lions AFL club myself with our victory song sung to the tune of the French national anthem, I thought it was interesting that CATS is Tom Hooper's second musical movie after Les Misรฉrables (2012).
I wasn't kidding when I said that I was a big CATS fan;-)
I can't wait to see this movie at the end of the year.
And who knows, maybe the Brisbane Lions will have another Premiership under their belt by then?

No comments:

Post a Comment