Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 24, 2019

Spring Has Sprung in the Middle of Winter in Oz?

In Australia where I live, winter officially starts in June and Spring starts in September.
Admittedly in Brisbane where I live winter is fairly mild during the daylight hours and cold when the sun goes down.
Today I was outside just getting some sun to make some vitamin D for my body and reading a book under a glorious cloudless blue sky (my favourite colour by the way) and a butterfly flies over my head and lands on a palm frond.
I thought this was weird, as I've been in an internal argument with myself as to whether I should sell my home, put the money in the bank and rent somewhere else, or stay put in a place that I love, but really can't afford to be in for the long run.
Then a butterfly appears from literally out of the blue, just like the one that greeted me when I wondered if I had done the right thing buying this place -
A Butterfly That I Felt Was Worth Crowing About
As I'm sitting on my chair looking at this butterfly appearing in the middle of winter I wonder if I can make a run for my cell phone, which is inside on my dining room table, before the butterfly takes off.
My motto is, if it's meant to be, then so be it, so I walk inside, grab my phone and hit the camera app and snap a few "OK" pictures to prove this isn't something from my imagination.
The crow butterfly in flight ... and yes,
 I'm a crappy photographer:-)
As soon as I try to get closer the butterfly takes flight.
I watch it as it flies out of sight over the neighbour's back fence and think, well that's that then.
I put my phone back inside my home on the kitchen table and go back outside to get some glorious rays and read my book.
And then the butterfly comes back and lands on the same palm frond.
I sit there wondering if I should go inside and get my phone and take some "better" pictures.
I do go back inside and try to snap a few more "better" pictures, but as I get closer the butterfly takes off like it's some kind of game.
While I didn't really get any better pictures, or the ones that I wanted to capture, at least I got enough to prove my point.
And as the butterfly flew away I returned my phone to the table and resumed reading.
And then the butterfly did a few laps over my head and landed back on the same palm frond as if to say,
"do you want to grab your phone again?"
And I mentally said,
"no, f#ck off, do you think I'm going through this for a third time?"
"I get it, thanks and good bye."
For some irrational rational reason I think my deceased old man is sending a message through a crow butterfly to tell me not to be so rash in listening to my rational mind that gets it's information from the newspapers and internet news about the imminent housing market collapse.
My rational mind silently says to me, so you are going to take the advice from an appearance of a butterfly over cold hard logic?
And I say to my rational mind, "when have I ever been logical? You know I favour my Libra side of the cusp I was born on"
Then I start to wonder just what time of year a butterfly should emerge from a chrysalis and I do an internet search and find this piece of information that looks like it is some kid's school project uploaded to the net -
"A butterfly is sometimes called an imago
It is also called an adult.
Butterflies are very colorful.
When the butterfly first comes out its wings are damp.
The wings are also soft.
The wings are folded against its body.
The butterfly is also very tired. 
So the butterfly rests."
Ha, ha.
Imago?
Imagination?
How should I imagine an adult to be?
As wise as a child?
When I look back through my life I now realize that the insights I had of the world looking at the strange world I was born into were some of the most profound observations I have ever had in my life.
I guess that's why you read about Jesus (not that I'm a big fan of this book) being quoted saying -
Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of Heaven.
Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven.”
MATTHEW 18:1-4

Anyway, I doubt if I would have shared my butterfly photos and ramblings in this post if I hadn't of checked my stats and seen that someone was searching for "butterfly came into my kitchen" in a random check of my StatCounter referring URLs.
Obviously whoever this person was though, that the butterfly had appeared in their kitchen was more than just some random event to them.
I have no idea which country that butterfly search came from, but thanks to StatCounter I know it was from one of the above countries.
Over 2,000,000 Hits?
"Everything is connected" might seem like a worn out cliche, although it's true.
But then again I'm probably just being childish, right?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment