Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 19, 2019

Accessing Dark Emotions in the Body and Being Lost/Curious?

As I was listening to the latest 'Future Thinkers' podcast
(see the You Tube above) I was drawing cards from
Chris Beasly's website to check them out and I drew the Lost/Curiosity card just as Euvie said around the 13-minute mark of the podcast how she was doing some breath work on the balcony and LOST consciousness for a while.
"A deeply wild, curious heart will take you places waaaaaay off the map.
There ain’t no map where you’ll be going.
In maps from the medieval period, the lands beyond the reaches of their knowledge bore the label “here be dragon,” with colorful hydra creatures of half-man, half-dolphins and strange beasts of tooth and claw.
It was as if cartographers of old sought to make excuses for the limitation of their craft by saying “if you were meant to go there, we’d be able to chart your course, but since we can’t, we’ll frighten you into staying within the borders we quite literally draw.”
This work has taken me so far past any territory recognizable to myself or anyone I can consult that it scares me half to death sometimes.
The ancient invocation “know thyself” sounds all yummy chocolate donut with sprinkles on to surface but turns out to be an often - breathless gasping awe at the infinitely twisting path you never could’ve imagined walking were you to set out a scheduled itinerary.
Life, after all, is what happens when you’re busy making other plans."
Death/Rebirth
Drawing the Death/Rebirth card gives you this piece of advice -
Which reminded me of this recent news story where a popular UK blogger staged her own funeral a few years before becoming
the first electric scooter casualty just a few days ago -
Emily Hartridge staged her own funeral three years before tragic crash claimed her life
The memorial service for Channel 4 programme
Oh S***, I’m 30 back in 2016
I've got to state that I'm not a fan of the "write your own eulogy" thing, because I really couldn't give a crap what anyone says about me at my funeral, because they wouldn't have a clue about who I really was in life anyway and I'll bet I'd be looking down and wondering the same thing about the person being eulogized.
I think the eulogy exercise just feeds the ego that wants to create a persona that we think everyone can admire about us when we are gone.
But hey, whatever floats your boat, I guess.
Should Monster
Then again, maybe I should write a eulogy for myself?-)
Personal (inner) Guidance System?
Although my inner "shouldn't animal" says that I shouldn't:-)
I guess it's hard to know who or what to listen to when it comes to your own life and its purpose.
Self pondering?-)
But I do like the card idea of Chris Beasly's, because it makes me ponder about my life.
Higher Self
"It becomes impossible to be bored when you’re grateful for the banal moments.
When you commit to at all times follow your highest excitement, you realize how lovely small things are.
When you’re washing the dishes, really get into washing the dishes.
If you’re laying in bed, don’t just lay there — be the bed.
Do the bed.
Indulge your guilty pleasures and leave the guilt aside.
Indulge with gratitude."
F*ck It Up?

No comments:

Post a Comment