Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 16, 2019

Stranger Things 3: Everything Gives You Cancer or Could Kill You?

My old sync-head mate over at the 'Red Dirt Report' wrote a post in the 'Dust Devil Dreams' section called 'Catch the Wave' where he admitted to also being a Coke-head and pointed out the product placement of Coca-Cola in the new season of 'Stranger things 3'.
The Red Dirt Report: Another Blog Bites the Dust/That's All Folks?
There has also been articles in the media about the number of cigarettes smoked in 'Stranger Things 3', such as this one in the link below -
Does Netflix glamorize tobacco? 79% of top streaming shows feature cigarette-smoking in hundreds of scenes, study finds
I thought I'd mull over that figure as I started watching season 3.
I watched season one when it came out, but gave season 2 a miss.
Now I just started watching season 3, skipping season 2 altogether.
I wasn't going to watch it at all, but I've read Chris Knowles post at 'The Secret Sun' about the latest season and now I've read Andrew's post and was starting to get FOMO (fear of missing out) and could feel the peer pressure mounting, plus I hadn't had a smoke for quite some time and thought watching the show would warm my lungs with nostalgia.
1984 Turns 70 This Year?
And now the local newspapers are telling me sugary cola drinks could give me cancer, so maybe I should stick stick with my beer and red wine?-)
I've come too far in life to risk dying in my future by swapping beer and wine for Coke.
It certainly is a house of cards when watching TV and worrying about everything that could potentially kill you in the future.
And that's not counting the POTUS;-)
That gives me an idea for a TV series about a brain dead POTUS, which I'll use the working title of 'The Walking Dead Zone' while I put my ideas down on paper.
I might need to get a few cans of these for the late nights ahead while I write the manuscript for that TV series?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment