Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 9, 2017

"Whether a Person Be Wise or Ignorant, They Are a Part of Nature" - Spinoza

I love magpies, but I didn't see any
on this day for some reason;-)
Being a rate payer now that I own a home (once more that is ... but this one is paid off) in Logan City, just outside of the Brisbane city limits, it was time to pay my quarterly rates bill, so I headed into the heart of Logan ... with my windows wound right up of course(;-) ... and paid the ransom.
Sculpture and plants in the
  
Logan City Council Administration grounds
I was fascinated with these stag horn ferns
growing on the poles of the walkway 
I really only went to pay my rates bill here because I wanted to check out the art gallery that I had never been to before.
I could have just paid my rates at my local post office but decided to become a tourist in the heart my own city for the day.
I was keen to check out Donna Davis' exhibition 'Unseen' and if you live locally and haven't seen it, then you should, I think ... if that's at all possible;-)
You probably wouldn't think that there would be mushroom inside this building ... but there was:-)
It was actually a pretty trippy exhibition considering the focus was on fungi.
I liked the idea behind the 'Unseen' exhibition because it had a very shamanic feel to the whole thing I thought, and that was even without going into the psychedelic side of fungi.
And while I did come to the gallery to see 'Unseen' as well, it was Vincent Serico's art that really drew me to visiting the art gallery.
But that's another story for another post -
I Think All People Are Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment