Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 10, 2017

Dragonfly?!

I saw a music clip of Nahko's today for his song 'Dragonfly' and it had Paris Jackson right throughout it.
To me that seemed all a bit too surreal, as like me, Nahko sees the Byron Bay area like a second home, and he is down there almost as much as I am in recent years.
I'm always running into him, especially at Bluesfest time.
We usually just say hi and nothing more, because he is usually talking to others at the time we cross paths, but we've crossed paths a fair bit over the years.
Good Friday at Bluesfest 2016
Nahko & Medicine for the People 
on the 
Mojo stage, Bluesfest 2016
But the thing that really got me about Nahko's 'Dragonfly' song was my WTF(?) dragonfly experience I had while staying in Byron Bay one weekend, which I wrote about in this post in early 2016 -
A Dark Night of the Soul?
The baby dragonfly right next to my
bedside table in
my motel room
Nakho at the Bluesfest signing tent 2016
In hindsight while writing this post it was only a few weeks after my dragonfly visit that I crossed paths once more with Nahko on Good Friday and throughout the Easter weekend of 2016.
Good Friday at Bluesfest 2016
'Nahko & Medicine for the People'
in the
Delta tent Easter Monday
In fact, it was 'Nahko & Medicine for the People' who were the last act I saw play on Easter Monday this year at Bluesfest in Byron Bay -
Easter MOONday at Bluesfest, 2017
Then I see Paris is out here yesterday cuddling a "bear", so it really is a small world it seems.
Paris would fit right in at Byron Bay, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment