Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 14, 2017

'Happy Death Day' was a Real Nightmare I Think ;-)

I went to see the movie 'Happy Death Day' yesterday at my local cinema and just to add extra creepiness to viewing this movie, I ended up being the only person in the cinema.
I liked this movie a lot, but to me the ending didn't make much sense ... at first ... until I looked up one of those movie "experts" on You Tube giving me their take on the ending and what the movie was all about.
I actually looked up a few of these "experts" opinions and found none of them really satisfying until I noticed a few background clues in the expert's You Tubes.
SPOILER ALERT
It doesn't really matter how the movie ends at all, because the whole movie is just a dream in Tree's head the night before her real birthday.
The dreamcatcher hanging off the cupboard near the window, that the "killer" is going to get kicked out of with the poison cake in her mouth, is just one more part of a dream that the star of the movie never wakes from.
She will of course wake from it eventually, but not on the screen, I think.
Notice the red shoes Tree has every time she "wakes up"?
That's a clue that she is still in the land of Oz, or like Dorothy from 'The Wizard of Oz' that Tree hasn't yet clicked her heels three times.
There's no place like home, right?-)
There is no "time-loop".
The whole movie is just Tree's dream on the screen, that's all.
It's all happening in her loopy dream the night before her actual real birthday.
Well, that's the way I see it all anyway.
I also liked how the power blacked out at 9:23 pm on her birthday, because 9/23, or September 23rd happens to be my birthday:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment