Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 23, 2017

Awake/Asleep/Awake/Asleep

Attraction of Opposites
"Yin yang are not opposing forces (dualities), but complementary opposites that interact within a greater whole, as part of a dynamic system.
Everything has both yin and yang aspects as light cannot exist without darkness and vice-versa, but either of these aspects may manifest more strongly in particular objects, and may ebb or flow over time.
There is a perception (especially in the West) that yin and yang correspond to evil and good. However, Taoist philosophy generally discounts good/bad distinctions and other dichotomous moral judgments, in preference to the idea of balance."
I woke up halfway through the night last night and couldn't get back to sleep, so I picked up Tracey Rollin's book on Santa Muerte and started reading from where I was up to, which was about the purple aspect of Santa Muerte, which I wrote about in my last post -
Mexican Radio: Dreams and Intuition?
Tracey had written about the small death of sleep in that chapter and as I looked up to my dream catcher hanging off the roof of my bedroom I couldn't help thinking of the Yin/Yang symbol and of opposites in the realms of sleep and dreams like good and bad dreams and thinking that nightmares had as much to teach as pleasant dreams, if not more.
I thought wouldn't it be good if they made yin/yang dreamcatchers to hang in your room?
I had never seen any and thought maybe no one has thought of this idea before, so I Googled around thinking I may have stumbled on a unique idea here.
But no such luck, because every man/woman and their dogs had thought of the idea it seemed.
There were even video tutorials on how to make them and draw them on You Tube.
And you could buy jewelry, stickers, boots, t-shirts and tattoos, too.
Yin Yang Cat Necklace Dreamcatcher Pendant
Balancing Embroidered
Yin and Yang Dream Catcher
Yin Yang Dream Catcher Keychain
http://gypsydreaming.com/product/yin-yang/
Hmm ... that doesn't look too real to me
DREAM YIN YANG
Men's - Dream Catcher Yin Yang
I must have been dreaming if I thought that I had a unique idea with the Yin/Yang dreamcatcher idea.
Maybe I should make a "Be Here Now" dream-catcher instead?-)
I'll probably get stung with that idea, as well;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment