Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 12, 2019

Pet Sematary R Us?

I saw the new 'Pet Sematary' movie at the cinema the other day and couldn't help thinking it was quite similar in a way to the movie 'Us', where a shadow family of doppelgangers confront and try to replace the "normal" family.
Butterflies/transformation?
Butterflies/transformation?
There is also a very 'Wicker Man' type feel to this new movie version, where a type of Celtic paganism combines with a Native American shamanism to cross paths.
Let's not forget that the cat's name in the movie is Church and meant to be short for Churchill, but shortening the name to Church gives you the shadow side of the Church when the cat is resurrected from the grave in the pet cemetery, I think;-)
I couldn't help but think of the song from 'Cats' when thinking of the cat named Church, considering that scientists are telling Us all the time how close this world is to midnight on the doomsday clock.
And I couldn't help thinking of the song that came on my car radio decades ago when I was burying my own cat in the forest after he was run over the night before, Peter Gabriel's 'Digging in the Dirt'.
My cat didn't come back like an evil Church in the movie 'Pet Sematary' though, thank God;-) 
I hope you found this post somewhat enlightening ... if not then you might have to keep digging?-)
A Synchromystic Conversation with Actor Winston Duke About His Role in Jordan Peele's New Horror Film Us?

No comments:

Post a Comment