Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 11, 2019

The Flip: Epiphanies of Mind and the Future of Knowledge?

Interesting talk at 'Rune Soup' with Jeff Kripal about his new book 'The Flip', which I'm yet to read.
I thought the book was going to be something about showing people who you strongly disagree with on a topic, like in my case 
"Flat-earthers", the Saturn finger;-)
Or in Israel Folau's case what he would probably term 
"the Satan finger".
Israel Folau referred to rugby union integrity unit over Instagram post targeting 'homosexuals' and 'drunks'
And I send out a big FU2 to Israel Folau, who can't keep his f#cked up opinions of his BS dogmatic religious beliefs to himself ... not that I'm gay ... but I would probably be thrown in the "drunk" category like most Australians would be ... and probably a few other categories of Folau's imagination, as well:-)
I think Folau was probably drunk and having a wank when he posted his hellish threats to Instagram/Twitter/Whatever, anyway;-)
I think Folau was flippin' out over this news story below.
Giving the Middle Finger to the Fool's Ring
But no, it's about people like Michael Shermer, the skeptic who seemed to have flipped when he came out with his own personal WTF(?) story about the radio that worked mysteriously in his presence when he was getting married -
Skeptiko Podcast #379: Dr. Michael Shermer on Near-Death Experience Science
And then his apparent flip back to his old ways again.
Anomalous Events That Can Shake One’s Skepticism to the Core ... Preaching to the Converted Here Pal
Shermer's probably not in the book anyway, I was just using the biggest flip I had read about as an example of a 180 degree flip by an "expert" in the field.
Sounds like a flipping good book by Jeff, that I might get around to reading one day if I can get through the books already on my 
"to read" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment