Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 11, 2019

Did the Simpsons Movie Predict the World of the "Flat-Earthers" 12 Years Ago in the last Year of the Pig?

Screenshot from 'The Simpsons Movie'
of the domed Springfield 
I'm 100% NOT a "Flat-earther", but I did watch an interesting film on Netflix called 'Behind the Curve' that looked at the world of the flat-earth movement and I feel is really worth a watch, even if like me, you don't buy any of the arguments for a flat planet.
What I liked about this movie was how the movement splintered into opposing camps as to just how a flat-earth model worked.
And the other group leader of the Flat-earth movement seemed even more looney in his worldly paranoia.
Even flat-earthers were turning on each other accusing the other as being shills:-)
I don't think that even the writers of 'The Simpsons' could have written a funnier story-line, as to the one in 'Behind the Curve'.
You have to watch this show, trust me ... and NASA you know where to send my payment, don't you?-)
NASA must be laughing their asses off at the good fortune of having flat-earthers taking the heat off their questionable Apollo moon footage and whether they actually made it through the radiation belts between the earth and the moon, while the Russians didn't even try to send a human to the moon.
Mark Sergent can't be that stupid though, as I noticed his mum wearing a Seattle Seahawks jumper in the movie, so I'm guessing Mark is a Seahawk's fan, too.
At least we do have some common ground when it comes to the NFL:-)
When I was wondering what to watch the other day on Netflix I saw the pig on the Simpsons Movie poster and thought why not watch it again, since it is the Year of the Pig and I hadn't seen the movie since it came out in 2007 (which was also the Year of the Pig, by the way).
I also couldn't believe Netflix had a doco about the "Flat-earth", so I had to see what the hell that was all about, and I'm glad that I did, because it was really worth watching.
Not that it moved me one inch from my belief in the globe I'm living on.
I must admit that those FEs do sell some cool looking merch at their conventions.
I wouldn't mind one of those small Truman Show like snow-domes myself.
I didn't like the Simpson's Movie when it come out 12 years ago, but after watching it 12 years later with all of these militant groups like Vegans and Flat-earthers, Left-wingers and Trump supporters trying to force their views on to the public, I couldn't help thinking that maybe the Simpson's Movie wasn't so far ahead of it's time ... say like maybe 12 years;-)
Hmm?
And how prophetic was the opening considering what happened to a rock band last year in similar circumstances?
Dave Bowman from '2001: A Space Odyssey'
It may not be a flat world that we are living on, but it sure is a strange world that we are living in, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment