Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 4, 2019

Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself?

On December 31st last year I saw the above story in my local newspaper about the mystery of Ulysses butterflies not being able to breed over the last year at the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary in Kuranda, Queensland, Australia.
Next to the butterfly story in the newspaper was a story about a brain-drain and this got me to thinking about a CD I had purchased a few years back, but hadn't listened to yet.
The CD was called 'The Reinvention of Self' by Dr. Joe Dispenza and the only reason I thought about it was because I had remembered the blue butterfly on the CD cover.
 I'd read about Dr. Dispenza from reading a post about him at Rob and Trish MacGregor's 'Synchrosecrtes' blog and I sent away for the CD after reading that post.
I've been taking note of any butterfly "coincidences" that fly into my conscious view over the past year, as I wrote in this recent post about a butterfly book that I have since passed on to my niece's young daughter -
The Synchronicity of Chasing Butterflies?
The story of the Ulysses butterflies, as well as the brain-drain story peaked my interest in listening to the Dispenza CD and doing a 
You Tube search for any video lectures he had done, with the most interesting one I found being the one below filmed in Mexico.
Which I felt was better than the information on the CD of his that I had purchased.
In fact, I would advise you not to buy that CD and just listen to his You Tube lectures, as I thought the CD was a bit of a rip off and not worth the money I had paid for it.
While there were some interesting ideas on the CD most of those ideas he talks about in the free lectures on the internet, so like the butterfly book I'll be passing on my CD to a secondhand bookstore, as I won't be listening to it again.
The Ulysses butterflies also made me think of my copy of 
James Joyce's book 'Ulysses', which I have in my bookcase and am yet to read, so that will be the next book I start reading once I finish reading the one's I'm currently reading.
So if Dr. Joe Dispenza's CD and tips don't transform my brain directly at least his blue butterfly has caused a transformation in my reading choice and transformed my computer's home screen with a screenshot from his Mexican You Tube lecture;-)
I also saw this news story at the BBC news website today -
The butterflies that could stop Trump’s wall
But what action doesn't have consequences, including even inaction?
A garden gnome with a blue
butterfly
in my backyard:-)
The Mysterious Universe of the Mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment