Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 25, 2019

Remember the Days of the Old School Yard?

Me and Rollo ... at least I think it is, but my memory is not what it was;-)
You know you are getting old when you spot what looks like a familiar face and name in the paper and you have to dig out old class photos to make sure.
When I saw the nic-name Rollo and that face it took me back about 45 years to the last time I remembered a guy we called Rollo and who had the surname Rollason.
We were good friends in primary school, but went to different high schools.
I've lived in Brisbane and on the outskirts of the city for all my life, but I've never heard of his band until reading the paper and seeing he had passed away.
Rollo bottom row, second from left
I'm not really a fan of Cat Steven's ... or whatever he calls himself these-days, but this song does spring to mind, and I can spot some old girlfriends in those old school photos.
It looks like we both had the same haircut when you left this earth plane Rollo.
It's a shame we never got to share a beer together and catch up on old times, but such is life.
I've put some unmarked doubles of the school photos in this post for relatives or old school friends of
Rollo who might stumble across this post and want a copy for themselves.

Cheers mate ... and see you on the other side ... but hopefully not for a few years yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment