Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 16, 2019

What Happens When You Only Pursue Pleasure?

Last Friday (the 13th) I went to the cinema to see the Australian movie 'Palm Beach' and before the movie started there was a commercial for Cunard Cruises (I think) and a monologue from what sounded to me like Alan Watts talking over the top of the commercial soundtrack.
I tried to find a video of the commercial on the net, but couldn't.
And I'm not sure what talk it was of Alan's ... maybe life is NOT a journey ... but I'm not sure.
I'll have to keep an eye out for that commercial next time I'm at the movies.
The only "cruise" I've been on in my life was getting to Tasmania and back in 2016 -
Going With the Flow in Devonport on My Last Day in Tasmania
Ironically, Alan Watts was a heavy smoker and drinker throughout his life according to his Wikipedia page.
Destination Happiness and the Cosmic Prankster?
Oh, and I really enjoyed the movie 'Palm Beach', too.
Cheers;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment