Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 12, 2019

The "Blue Girls" of Football?

I saw two news stories about the "blue girls" of football this week.
One was the tragic story of an Iranian woman who loved watching her beloved blue football team play but was facing 6 months jail because women aren't allowed into the stadium to watch, and she set herself on fire in protest and died from her burns.
The other was a news story about the unveiling of a statue at Melbourne’s Federation Square on Wednesday of Tayla Harris, who once played for the greatest AFL football club in Australia (the Brisbane Lions:-), but is now playing for the Carlton Blues.
I guess I can always say that I was behind the goals when Tayla Harris kicked her goal in the first women's AFLW grand final -
Tayla Harris AFLW Photo Could Become Landmark Moment in Australian Sport?
Tayla Harris roaming the goal square
in the
2017 AFLW grand final
I'm starting to feel a bit like Forrest Gump when I read the news these days.
Hopefully the Lions can win on Saturday night at the Gabba when they take on GWS Giants.
The picture I took last Saturday night of the
people watching the game from the rooftop
 
I always wondered who these people were watching the game from the top of the building just outside the Gabba at every Lions home game.
And now I know.
Chris Hemsworth's Dog Found Three Days After Vanishing and on the Day His Beloved Dogs Vanish From the 2019 AFL Season?-)
Wondering about those people up there in the building
  
at the Bulldogs game in July
 
Well, I've got my tickets for Saturday night, and I'll be able to spot those guys on top of the building, but I'll bet they won't be able to spot me.
I'll make it a bit easier by giving them a clue.
I'll be wearing a Lions jersey on the night:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment