Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 8, 2019

Memories Going Up in Smoke?

Queensland bushfires continue across south-east
I couldn't imagine what it would be like losing everything in a fire and I hope that I never find out what it's like firsthand.
But to see areas I spent a lot of time in my youth destroyed by fire on the news and to see the smoke drifting past my window from miles away is an eerie and depressing sight.
Looking out my window at the smoke in
 the sky yesterday from the
south-east
Those trees pictured above are part of a koala corridor I see when I look out my bedroom window and at night sometimes I hear koalas crying out from the trees.
That's the lamppost the kookaburra likes to sit on, which I wrote about in my last post -
Jerk Birds?
In that post I wrote about listening to a podcast about a lady recalling encounters with birds, such as owls and vultures.
My owl badges from my trip to Canungra 
Beyond the matrix?
you Suzanne Ross ... but ...
I've never seen owls in the wild, although I have looked for them in areas they are known to inhabit, but to no avail.
One of the places I looked in for owls was the Canungra/Mt.Tamborine area which is now going up in flames and the day I visited the town was decked out in pink and holding a Pink tribute night -
Who? The Angel of Death?
I bought an owl clock for my living room after my visit to Canungra on that day and after buying the owl badges from the information centre in the town.
To me owls are the bringers of bad news and I find them personally creepy birds.
And this is coming from somebody who just adores crows.
My IT cinema ticket from last Wednesday night
Oddly enough after writing about Pink being born on September 8th and the first IT movie coming out on Pink's birthday in that old post, this week 'IT: Chapter 2' was released in cinemas and the Canungra area goes up in flames.
That does nothing to change my thoughts on owls being creepy birds.
Pink turns 40 today, by the way.
An eerie PINK glow?!
The Severn Brae owl on the veranda
Even Stanthorpe and Tenterfield are battling devastating bush-fires -
And now to see the Binna Burra Lodge go up in smoke on the news is just really sad news to me, as I have many memories of times spent sitting by the warm fire in the lodge after having breakfast there just before setting out on the many bush-walks around the lodge with old workmates.
Heritage-listed Binna Burra Lodge in Gold Coast hinterland destroyed in Queensland bushfires
Me on a Binna Burra bush-walk above a cave years ago
Binna Burra was where we stumbled across and watched a carpet snake devour a strangled possum over the course of an hour.
Possums, Pests and Other Stories People Like to Tell Themselves and Others About?
Humour in Today’s Society ... and in Synchomysticism and Synchronicity?
So seeing smoke float past my window from the south-east makes me feel grateful for the memories I have and sad for the people down that way who have lost the memories and keepsakes they once had.
'This is a tragedy unfolding': Several homes destroyed in QLD and NSW fires

No comments:

Post a Comment