Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 21, 2019

Jung's Red Book for Our Time?

Jung's 'Red Book' was published 10 years ago this year, so there's another anniversary happening in 2019 for events that took place in years ending in a 9, like I wrote about in my post -
Once Upon a Time ... in Europe?
"The Red Book is a red leather‐bound folio manuscript crafted by the Swiss psychiatrist Carl Gustav Jung between 1915 and about 1930.
It recounts and comments upon the author's imaginative experiences between 1913 and 1916, and is based on manuscripts first drafted by Jung in 1914–15 and 1917.
Despite being nominated as the central work in Jung’s oeuvre, it was not published or made otherwise accessible for study until 2009."
'Pearls Before Swine' and Speaking of Jung?
Carl Jung was born in the Year of the Pig, and of course 2019 is also the Year of the Pig.
Speaking of Jung (or at least writing about him here) I listened to a podcast this morning at the 'Speaking of Jung' website in the podcast section of the website, which was about a series of books titled 'Jung's Red Book for Our Time' that are geared to the recognition of the posthumous publication of
The Red Book: Liber Novus by C.G. Jung in 2009.
Speaking of Jung Podcast #49: Jung's Red Book for Our Time
The name of Laura London's
Jungian
podcast
Think of Laura?
Released in 1983, the 'Year of the Pig':-)
As I was listening to the 'Speaking of Jung' podcast I couldn't help thinking how the adults in the new Stephen King version of 
'IT: Chapter 2' were pretty much around the same age as Jung was when he was going through the events he was writing about in
'The Red Book' and how these adults in the new movie version were facing their childhood demon/s and stripping away the persona built up in living through their childhood.
I saw the movie for the second time yesterday, as I was too tired to concentrate the first time I saw it with my adult sons.
And I wanted to see what I had missed when I was falling into micro sleeps during the first screening.
The cinema I saw IT the second time in was decorated like a church with the cinema's fake stained-glass windows running up both sides of the cinema.
Clowning around in the (Plato's) cave?-)
IT didn't escape me either that Stephen King was wearing a
Neil Young Harvest t-shirt in his cameo as a secondhand store owner in 'IT: Chapter 2' and that Neil's birthday is November 12th, the same date as Charles Manson's, so there's that connection to this synch-web -
What is it About Manson and Dark Hollywood Synchronicities?
Stan Lee passed away on November 12th
Harvest 2009 remastered version;-)
World Weird Web?
Stan Lee's last movie?
So I guess IT is Jung's Red Book for our time, as far as synchromysticism goes with 2019anniversaries, Hollywood, books and movies anyway;-)
I guess I had better read my 'Red Book' soon then:-)
Carl Jung and the End of Humanity?

1 comment:

  1. I will pull my Red Book out and investigate it's synchs. Tek-Gnostics brought the Red Book to most of the conventions, we have been seeing if random passages resonate with synch presence. All who read a random passage found synchs. Thanks Darren for this post! 87

    ReplyDelete