Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 19, 2019

Alone on a Desert Island Every Man is King and Every Woman is Queen?

I was searching for podcasts featuring Stephen King today, because I had seen the movie recently that was billed as the "sequel" to
'The Shining' , but was named 'Doctor Sleep' .
And with me being more of a Kubrick fan than a fan of King's stories I wondered why King would make such a weird second part to such a story?
I mean I knew the differences between the movie 'The Shining'  and the book, especially how Kubrick left the Overlook Hotel standing in the movie and King blew it up in the novel, so I get why the director of 'Doctor Sleep' had the characters in the movie go back to the Overlook and do what they did there.
But with having to buy a copy of the novel 'Doctor Sleep' and read it to find out the difference to this new movie and the new novel I was hoping to find a podcast that summarized the the main points of DS.
And I did.
I found a podcast called 'Stephen King Cast', where some guy just about read the whole book to me and his listeners while every now and then sucking his snot filled nose back into his throat thinking this wouldn't make listeners like me want to be sick with revulsion.
Stephen King Cast: Episode 212-Doctor Sleep (2019) Review
Do Androids Dream of Doctor Sleep?
From Jake Kotze's Instagram feed:-)
But as luck would have it, my Apple Podcast search for SK led me to a podcast called 'Desert Island Discs', a show that I had not heard of before, and I found Stephen King on a podcast/BBC radio show released exactly 13 years ago today on November 19th, 2006.
What luck, the day that marks my old wedding anniversary.
At least I don't have to buy an anniversary gift for a woman who really never deserved any over those years of married "bliss":-)
And thanks Stephen for choosing 'The Beatles' song (which I've never really ever liked) 'She Loves You' ... yeah, yeah, yeah?
A song released before I was born ... just.
But apart from Stephen picking some shitty discs to take to his desert island , half of which I would have Frisbeed into the ocean if they turned up on my island (Bruce's and Rihanna's I'd keep, and maybe Dylan's, but the rest I'd turf into the surf) I found this podcast informative.
I like how King thinks along the same lines that I do, in that everything in life happens for a reason, even if it ain't all good.
Oddly enough, as I was listening to
the King podcast at the BBC archiveit ended and then went to the BBC live link and it was announced on the BBC news that
Paul McCartney will be headlining the Glastonbury Festival next year and playing the Pyramid Stage.
I hope he won't be singing 'She Loves You', not that I'll be there anyway.
I'll be on my island and king of all I survey;-)
What would you take on your Desert Island Discs?
Cheers Stephen.
Here's looking at you kid;-)

Casablanca?

No comments:

Post a Comment