Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 18, 2019

The Modern Witch Tarot?

Ten of Swords Tarot Card Meanings
I'm not a person who is really into re-imagined tarot decks from the Rider/Waite deck, but I watched the Watkin's Bookstore talk in the You Tube above and thought Lisa had really tapped into the current zeitgeist with the cards represented and talked about in the WB video.
I'm not a Wiccan, but I do own and have read the book 'Wiccapedia'.
And I've written a few posts on this blog about my reading of the book and my thoughts about Wicca and witchcraft, which I'm sure not everyone will agree with me on, but they're my thoughts about it, PC or not PC -
WICCAPEDIA 🌟?
A Book of Shadows and a Candle and You're a Star?
And while 'The Modern Witch Tarot' looks like a nice re-imagining of the more traditional decks, especially if you happen to be a woman ... or identify as one.
It's not a deck that I would personally use over the RW deck.
And I'm not playing "the sexist card" like Milton did in his comment below the video at the WB You Tube page.
Maybe Lisa can make a deck in response to Milton's comment and call it the "Sexist Deck"?-)
Oddly enough after hearing the word "queer" being used in the above talk I found it a bit of a sync to see this story about the word "queer" being OK to use, on an Australian national news site -
How the word 'queer' has emerged as a term of empowerment
Personally, I don't care what you want to call yourself in these bonkers PC times we live in, because to me PC is pretty much just BS anyway.
Here is a relevant update, which I kinda agree with, and I consider myself more center left than right.
But I agree that PC has gone overboard in recent years.
Advance Australia’s new boss Liz Storer
 on mobilising the ‘centre right’
Sirens and Sheppards?
But life is still fine, in fact "everything is fine", right?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment