Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 10, 2019

The Portal: The Eyes are the Windows to the Soul?

I just "watched" a 'Truth Be Told' episode with Jacqui Fifer the director of the film 'The Portal' and I noticed on Jacqui's IMDB page that the only movie that she has starred in was the movie 'Flirting', which also starred Nicole Kidman and Noah Taylor.
Which made me think of Kidman in 'Eyes Wide Shut' and Taylor in 'Vanilla Sky' and that old saying that the eyes are the windows of the soul.
I know that blind people have souls too, but that's not the point of the saying, or the default setting for many creatures, as most have functioning eyes to navigate through life.
And most people who meditate close their eyes to shut out the thoughts of the world that they are trying to escape from.
And of course we shut our eyes when we sleep and dream.
Starring Noah Taylor
I'm not really into meditation, but I really liked 'The Portal' when I saw it at the cinema a few weeks back.
It makes you think about the way you think ... and "see" the world that we are living in, I think;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment