Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 21, 2019

DREADED LIGHT?!

I listened to the latest 'The Unexplained' podcast featuring a film maker named Mark MacNicol, who asked to be on this podcast to be interviewed about a fictional film he was planning on making based around his "real life" experience of a "psychic" who had told his mother that her son (Mark) has had his dead older sister as a guardian angel for all of his life.
Her birth name was Angela too, which wasn't lost on me, either.
Mark said in the podcast that he started off trying to write a fictional horror film called 'Dreaded Light', based around his experience of thinking that he had a dead sister as a guardian angel, but when going to spiritualist churches and doing research for his film found out that people he interviewed thought this was a dumb idea (me too), so he decided to scrap his original script and try again.
You can hear the podcast at this link below - 
Mark MacNicol’s ‘DREADED LIGHT‘
which explores
various horror themes ...
I've got to say that while I do believe in "guardian angel" type beings, I find it hard to imagine that a sister who came down before you a few years ago would then become your guardian angel as you go through your earthly incarnation.
And why would you want to make a fictitious HORROR movie about spiritualism and "The Devil", if you say your experiences going to these churches and finding out about your sister was a positive experience Mark?
Smacks of exploitation to me.
Not that I have had any positive experiences going to the few Brisbane spiritualists churches I attended in my 20s to see what they were about.
Not that I had any negative experiences, either.
I just found most people that attended the church (especially those who tried to give readings from the stage) were delusional, or straight out con-artists.  
And I'm a 100% believer in life after death. 
Personally I can't see a film like this lighting up cinema screens and making a box office killing.
Maybe if Mark comes at it from a more positive light it might (pardon the pun), but I somehow think he is misguided with his current intentions.
Maybe Mark should try to buy the rights to Richard Bach's book and make that into a movie, as Richard's story rings true to me as far as guardian angels go -
Life with my Guardian Angel?

No comments:

Post a Comment