Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 13, 2020

Journal-ism and Blogging?

I hadn't heard of Yanik Silver before reading a post about his Cosmic Journal that he had sent Trish and Rob at the 'Synchrosecrets' blog to read -
Synchrosecrets: The Cosmic Journal and Yanik Silver
From Yanik Silver's 'The Cosmic Journal'
It was obvious just by reading that 'Synchrosecrets' post that Yanik was into Jung and 'The Red Book' and that red door above reminded me of a red door I had encountered at a writers festival and written a blog post about a few years back -
Bedtime Stories and Mental Health?
What's behind the red door I wonder?-)
And as I was reading that 'Synchrosecrets' post marveling at the journal Yanik said he had written over 108 days, I looked behind me at Jung's 'Red Book' and the empty notebook which had been laying on the floor for maybe two weeks as a reminder to start my own 
Red Book/Journal, or at least jot down notes for the sort of Jung like art I wanted to make for myself that would be for me alone to look at ... just like Jung's Red Book was for him:-) 
The idea was to leave the Red Book on the floor until I got to work, to at least make some notes and doodles on the notebook I had found in my cupboard, or at least read some more of the Red Book and absorb the art.
But I would convince myself I wasn't
ready to start doing that kind of work that Jung did on
himself.
That my art skills were crap, that I'd needed to get an art book to paint and write in, rather than to start writing in a note book only to have to transfer my work into something worth keeping.
I even convinced myself that I need to buy

Mike Higgins' autobiography (the newspaper article under the notebook) and read it first before starting on my project, because the first time I got really interested in Jung was seeing a movie about Jung building his house by the lake, and sitting in the cinema seats in front of me and my girlfriend (who I would latter marry unfortunately) was the local hotshot television news reader 
Mike Higgins and his girlfriend, who both seemed to be into 
Carl Jung's work.
He disappeared off the TV screens not long after I saw him at the movies, with reports he was quitting the news game because his life was in danger from some crooks he had exposed, so he was going to lay low and leave Brisbane, and that was pretty much the last people in the public like me heard about him until a few years back when he told of his health battles with cancer nearly ending his life.  
And now he had written a book with a title that was maybe not such a good idea for an ex-newsreader to have on the front cover in these #MeToo times:-)
I guess the thing was I didn't feel the compulsion to sit down and get started right now, even though I did feel it was something I certainly did want to do in the future a some point, but that point wasn't now.
Maybe writing a journal like Yanik did might be a good bridge to that Red Book project for me?
And then after listening to Kelly Carlin in a podcast I go checkout her latest Instagram posts to see that she is doing her own Red Book paintings.
Tangentially Speaking?
Talk about synchronicity?
Here is a podcast featuring Yanik Silver talking about 
'The Cosmic Journal' -
Mindvalley Podcast: The Art of Journaling — Yanik Silver
Seems like everyone is jumping on the journal-ism bandwagon lately.
Who wants to be a Millionaire?
Entrepreneurs apparently:-) 
Why do those guys remind me of Amway salespersons trying to help "you" to make a heap of money?-)
But now it looks like blogging is coming back into fashion as well, as a form of journal-ism -
There appears to be a very welcome uptick in chatter about returning to blogs
The funny thing after reading Gordon White's latest blog post about returning to blogging was that I was heading to Officeworks to buy a new office chair, as the chair model me and Gordon had mentioned owning in this old post had literally come unstuck with the fake leather flaking off in droves and the gas cylinder letting me down all the time, literally -
A Magical Drive in Tasmania with Gordon White from Rune Soup?
It was a fine chair until about three weeks ago:-(
And I found out that Officeworks is still selling that same model when I went to find a new chair.
I ended up buying a $50 chair like the one pictured below, but in a black fabric, and so far so good.
While I was in the office supply store I looked around and found a heap of journals for sale on the shelves, like this one pictured below, with the words,
"Make Today Count: If Not Now, Then When?"
And there were a range of similar journals that you could buy that pretty much told you to stop f#cking around with your life, and had a motivating quote telling you that today was the day that you had better move your ass and get on with your life, as it's going to go on whether you are ready or not, anyway.

And this was last Friday, which was the anniversary of
David Bowie's passing -
And the Next Day And the Next And Another Day ... ?

I also thought that it was ironic how Yanik had a picture in that 'Synchrosecrets' post where he had 108(?) journal entries on his kitchen island:-)
I guess life is a journey journal ... blog ... podcast ... Red Book ... a maze-ing ... something to a door?-)
Syncwalking the Labyrinth and Awakening at the Center of the Mandala?

No comments:

Post a Comment