Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 9, 2020

The (Comic) Empire Never Ended?

I saw a local news story about a comic shop that was destroyed by fire in my hometown of Brisbane in the new year and the name of the shop is/was 'The Comic Empire'.
Last chance?
Not being a comic book reader pretty much since my childhood and not really having visited the part of Brisbane that the comic shop is located in for a few years, I had never heard of 'The Comic Empire' , but I couldn't help thinking of the old Philip K Dick saying that the Empire never ended.
Seeing the comic shop in ashes as well as all of the bush-fires going up in flames around the country right now it feels very much like Rome is burning in a way to me, plus I couldn't help think of Chris Knowles and his 'The Secret Sun' blog when it came to the subject of comics and pop-culture. 
It's a shame I only found out about this cool looking comic shop (pardon the pun:-) through reading the newspaper, but hopefully it will rise from the ashes.
I wouldn't mind checking that place out in the near future and who knows, maybe pick up a copy of PKD's comic biography?

No comments:

Post a Comment