Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 12, 2020

How Prophetic Was Jonathan Livingston Seagull?

I've been meaning to write this post for a few weeks now, but I procrastinated in having to get screen shots for this post.
I blew the dust off my 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull' DVD and watched it last year after reading Richard Bach's latest book where he recounts his NDE and conversations with his "guardian angel", who gave him the Hobson's choice to leave or stay.
That reminds me that I'll have to read Richard's book 'Illusions';-) 
Why?
Because having survived my own suicide attempt at around the age of 20 (although not having a NDE because I botched it, but being told by a voice that was not mine, that I could always think it over and die another day) I've come to believe that these people who claim that an angel gave them the choice to leave or stay in an NDE were duped into thinking that they had a choice, because as much as they would like to think they did have a choice, I believe that "choice" was already predetermined.
Because like Richard himself used to say before his NDE -
I've been keeping an eye on Richard since he flipped his plane and nearly killed himself, because that same voice that told me that I could always die another day told me that Richard's NDE would ripple effect into my own life in the future ... although not in so many words ... or no words at all really, more a thought ... which wasn't mine ... I think:-)
Jonathan Livingston Seagull?
I've always liked the movie that was made from the book, largely because of the soundtrack by Neil Diamond, who I got to see live the last time he played in my hometown for the last time -
Some Days are Stones and Blue Diamonds?
I'd only just read a secondhand copy of Richard's short stories last year in a book I bought in Byron Bay a few years back when I went down there to see a show with my eldest son and stumbled across the book in a bargain bin in a crystal/bookstore in Johnson Street -
Synchronicity: The Unifying Connection?
It was after I had read 'A Gift of Wings' that I bought and read Richard's book 'Life With My Guardian Angel', which really did resonate with me.
I had learned about Richard writing an extra section to
'Jonathan Livingston Seagull', so I thought I had better get up to speed and watch my DVD of the movie to recall the story of JLS, before I decided if I wanted to read the book with the new ending.
I didn't realize just how much of this movie had flown over the top of my head when I had previously watched it.
I couldn't help thinking how prophetic it was that the head seagull gave his speech about the way things are and always will be from on top of an oil barrel.
Do you think that the film makers
were having a crack at
GE?-)
And they thought they had a plastic problem in the 70s?!
I also thought that it was rather prophetic that Richard wrote this story where a seagull crashes into a cliff and has a NDE and is given the "choice" to stay or come back, and he comes back ... just like Richard would "choose" to do after nearly killing himself when he flipped his plane on landing and hitting electric power lines (GE?-)
The Bridge Across Forever to the One?
I think that 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull' is probably even more relevant today than it was back in the 60/70s, with its themes.
Funny how devil and evil is lived
and
live spelled backwards:-)
Leaders always like to think that they have you over a barrel, don't they?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment