Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 9, 2020

The Food Pyramid to Save the Planet?

A screenshot from 'The Pyramid Code'
My Vegan Margherita Pizza from Pizza Hut
A screenshot from 'The Pyramid Code'
I haven't bought a pizza from Pizza Hut since I gave up dairy food and cut out meat (except for fish) from my diet a few years back.
And while I'm not a Vegan and probably never will be in this lifetime I do look for a Vegan menu when I'm in the mood for pizza (because cheese is off my menu right now).
So last week I bought a Vegan Margherita Pizza and went home to watch a show on Netflix called 'The Pyramid Code' and was stunned at the synchronicity of seeing a shot in one of the episodes of the pyramids in Egypt viewed from the other side of a Pizza Hut window where the logo looked like a flying saucer in the sky over the pyramids.
There was also a shot of an Egyptian street advertising KFC and Coke, and I thought to myself talk about an unhealthy food pyramid of diet choice.
Beyond Meat and KFC?
It's strange seeing all of these traditional fast food joints trying to cash in on the Vegan eating trend.
And even the major supermarket chains in Australia are running newspaper adverts like the ones below to sell to meat eaters and non meat eaters alike.
It's good to see these plant based options now becoming available for non-meat eaters and for people like me who aren't Vegans or Vegetarians, but like to stick to mainly a plant based diet for health and to help with the planet's sustainability.
And while I've been very good at sticking to a mainly plant based diet the past couple of years, I won't refuse a piece of someone's dairy based birthday cake if I'm invited to celebrate at someone's birthday party.
And I don't make promises that I'll never eat meat again, apart from the fish I'm already eating in my diet, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, as this diet I've been on seems pretty good to me.
And as much as I admire non-militant Vegans and their lifestyle, it ain't for me honey;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment