Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 15, 2020

What are the Oscar-nominated "Best" Movies for 2020, the Year of the Rat?

I saw the movie '1917' on Monday night and have to say I wouldn't know which movie out of these below deserves the "Best Picture" Oscar for 2020.
What are the Oscar-nominated movies for 2020? Joker, 1917 and Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood are just some
Real rats actually play a big part in '1917' ironically, and
'Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood' has it rats and rat themes going, too.
I haven't seen 'Ford v Ferrari', 'Little Women' or 'Parasite', yet ... and probably won't either, as they don't appeal to me.
I've heard people raving on about how good 'Parasite' is, so I wouldn't be at all surprised going by the last two years if it walked away with the "Best Picture" Oscar.
To me the Oscars have just become an event for the voting members to show their political opinions, rather than actually vote on what film they think the best picture is in their opinion.  
If the voting was fair dinkum, I would say it would be between '1917' and 'Joker' ... and possibly 'Parasite', if all the buzz is true.
Let's hope the Year of the Rat is the Year for the Art, and not politics ... although I doubt it will be:-)
Oscars nominations: Scarlett Johansson gets double nod as critics lament return of #OscarsSoWhite
And this guy below didn't like 'CATS', so I can't take his advice too seriously when it comes to the good movies of 2019;-)
CATS Just in Time for RATS?

No comments:

Post a Comment