Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 19, 2020

The Mysterious Universe of Jeffrey J. Cripple?-)

Kripal?-)
I just listened to Benjamin Grundy at the 'Mysterious Universe' podcast comically butcher Jeffery J. Kripal'(pronounced CRY-PAL, not CRIPPLE:-) surname every few minutes in that podcast. But apart from cringing every-time Ben would say Kripal, I thought once he got past the Jim Keith crap it turned out to be a pretty interesting listen ... well, the free section of the podcast that I listened to anyway -
Ben focuses on Jeff's book 'Mutants and Mystics: Science Fiction, Superhero Comics, and the Paranormal', which made me think of the copy I have on my bookshelf and was probably the first of Jeff's books I read.
I have since read a few more books of Jeff's and would easily recommend those books to other readers for a thought provoking read.
I pulled my copy of Jeff's Mutants book out of my bookcase and flicked through it, not realizing just how much of that book I had forgotten reading now. 
There has been a lot of water flow under the metaphorical bridge since I had read that book, so maybe it's time to read that book again soon.
Although, maybe I shouldn't wait too long to read it again;-)
Two Minutes to Midnight Oil?
I was wondering why the MU podcast took so long to come out this weekend and my first thought was that maybe the studios on the Sunshine Coast might have been flooded out.
But it turned out that Aaron had a passing in the family, leaving Ben to do the show solo this weekend.
And not a bad show it was, too, I thought under the circumstances.
I'd personally like to hear the MU guys getting more into synchromysticism and coincidence -
Synchromysticism and Escapism?
But I'm sure that they will if that is their ultimate fate;-)
Retrocausal Destiny or Living a Luminous Life?
The (Comic) Empire Never Ended?
'Fault in Our Stars' and 'The New Mutants' Director Josh Boone Interviews Whitley Strieber About Whitley's New Book 'A New World'?

No comments:

Post a Comment