Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 23, 2020

Dimensions, New Dimensions and Synchronicity?

I'm currently reading Jacques Vallee's book
'Dimensions: A Casebook of Alien Contact', which was a book written in the late 80s and which I have had in my possession for a number of years now, but after watching the fantastic movie 'Witness of Another World' decided it was time to pull the two books that I own of Jacques' off the shelf and give them a read.
I tried reading the book 'Passport to Magonia' first, because that's the book written in the 60s that you will hear pretty much anyone who is into Vallee's work tell you to read.
And while I do love the cover of the book that I own I really did find the book a hard slog and had to speed read it, as I wasn't interested in the individual stories so much as the overall commonalities running through those stories.
Stories and accounts of fairies bore me as much as fictional fairy stories, most people's weird UFO tales, or Biblical stories that you just feel are BS on some level, distorted through the ages like some Santa Clause myth that society likes to kid themselves and others are real accounts of events taking place, when the only place they really took place was probably in the collective imagination on some dreamlike level.
I'm not going to bust your Santa bubble if you if you really want to believe in such fantastic myths, as being good is a good thing in the long run I feel, even if you are only doing it at first to get rewarded in some way once a year or at the end of your Earthly life, or to avoid being punished by some mythical being.
Whatever floats or row, rows your boat gently down the stream I say.
We all need a story that we can believe in, otherwise life just seems like one chaotic unfair mess, doesn't it?
But is it really, or is that just another story that seems on the surface easier to believe?
While I wouldn't call myself religious, because I haven't found a man-made religion that I feel 100% or even 90% comfortable being a part of, I do believe in a one god-like force that I believe all life is part of.
I've got no problem labeling that one force "God" for lack of a better word when it comes to my own life experience.
It's just an inconvenient word to use if I say that word to someone else who has a different view of what that word means to them and not really to my view of what "God" is to me.
I can see why a lot of people use the word "Universe" as a substitute for the word "God" when talking to other people or groups of people about their own mystical view of that universe, because who can really argue about just what the "universe" is, or how it works, whether you are a Christian, agnostic, atheist, Buddhist or whatever-est?
And that is the same I feel when it comes to words like "synchronicity" or "coincidence".
While personally I am a fan of the work that Carl Jung started, I don't think he lived anywhere near long enough to tie his work on the synchronicity theory into a neat package with a bow on top.
"Synchronicity" is another one of those controversial words people use when people are trying to convey that they see a rather bizarre coincidence as something more than just a coincidence and to them it was a meaningful coincidence.
Like a "God-wink" maybe?
I have no problem if someone wants to use the words "God-wink", "synchronicity", "meaningful coincidence", "good luck/bad luck", or just say the word "coincidence" while giving me a knowing insider wink;-)
I think that the problems that arise when people want to tell you what they think a meaningful or a totally bizarre, or series of bizarre coincidences mean to them, is just who or what is pulling the strings in these personally or not so personally bizarre coincidences.
Some people like to see the common denominator in their life and these "meaningful coincidences" as the cause of these events (i.e. them) somehow.
Others will see "God" as the hidden hand behind it all.
And others like me will just see themselves as Forrest Gumps that just happen to be in the right (or wrong) place, at the right or wrong time in life ... kind of like fate.
Well, maybe not on a conscious level Forrest;-)
I'm a lot like Jacques Vallee with his attitude to the 
UFO/UAP phenomena when it comes to synchronicity and meaningful coincidences.
I'm just following and collecting the data.
And ironically I did a search on Apple Podcasts by putting  
"Jacques Vallee" into the search bar and found he was on a podcast named 'New Dimensions' -
New Dimentions #3384: Mysterious Sightings In The Sky - Jacques Vallee, Ph.D. 
After I had listened to Jacques on the above episode I found another 'New dimensions' podcast episode with a guest named
Sky Nelson-Isaacs on the subject matter of synchronicity -
New Dimensions #3676: Exploring the Realm of Synchronicity - Sky Nelson-Isaacs
I've written posts about hearing Sky speak on other podcasts before, but I thought it was rather a personal synch catching Sky at
'New Dimensions' after listening to Jacques talking about mysterious sightings in the SKY:-)
The RATS in the Maze Realize All Experience is Itself & Become the STAR of Amazed Awareness?
Mel Gibson: Your Life Mainly Comes Down to Fate?
And not that I'm into Jesus in anyway more than a mystical modern myth containing some truth and a lot of dogma, which is big in the modern day collective unconsciousness.
I couldn't help thinking of the timing of reading that old post of mine about Mel Gibson and Sky Nelson-Isaacs last night when putting this post together and seeing in the news that Terry Jones from the Monty Python gang had passed away.
Directors: Terry Jones, Terry Gilliam
Director: Terry Jones
I couldn't help noticing that Graham Chapman who played Brian in 'The Life of Brian' shares his birthday with David Bowie (AKA David Jones), Stephen Hawking and The King (Elvis) -
The Farm?
So if you do think you have figured out what life and coincidence is all about and how it works, you might want to tell it to the sky and listen out for the laugh:-)
Buck Henry Dies on David Bowie's Birthday ... Ain't Life Funny?

No comments:

Post a Comment