Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 22, 2020

I Told You That Football is a Shamanic Sport, Didn't I?

Jess was my pick last year as choice
to front
my membership card
I did hear in recent news of a woman crane operator being struck by lighting, but I had no idea until today that it was Jess who was the one struck.
Brisbane AFLW player Jess Wuetschner struck by lightning weeks out from start of season
I guess this means that the Brisbane Lions will have a medicine woman on the team this year?-)
Well that is the folklore about tribal members being struck by lightning when it comes to the tribe acquiring a shaman I've read.
And I have written other posts in the past about football and shamanism, even if it was only half tongue-in-cheek -
Tripping with Lions/Shamanism and Football?
Looking at the footy field from my seat
 during the
Lions/Crows GF clash
My membership card for this year has Sharni Webb on front
I must admit that I see the crow as my totem animal, but not when it comes to my football totem animals of LIONS and SHARKS.
Yours truly at the 2016 NRL Grand Final
celebrations
Ironically, the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks only NRL grand-final win in the history of the club was against the Melbourne Storm and I'll be hoping for lightning to strike again this year for the Sharkies.
A Walk Through Centennial Park and Then Off to the Football
Ironically, the first game for the Brisbane Lions women's team is against the Adelaide Crows and the first NRL game for the Sharks men's team is against Russell Crowe's South Sydney Rabbitohs.
The real reason Latrell went to the Rabbitohs Russ, is that the Sharkies didn't throw him an offer.
Beggars can't be choosers, as they say;-)
GO THE SHARKIES AND THE LIONS IN 2020!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment