Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 17, 2019

Happy St.Patrick's Day and Happy Birthday to the Saint of Synch ... Jake Kotze?

Did Guinness make it 4.2% alc/vol to honour Jake?-)
God Does Not Play Dice
Knocking back a few tins of Guinness here in Oz on St.Patrick's Day, more for nostalgic reasons than for drinking the modern day crap that passes for Guinness, as back in my youth I remember Guinness being a real stout with about 6.8% alc/vol as opposed to the modern day 4.2% alc/vol.
Although 4.2% is probably more in line with nerd culture and synchromysticism;-)
And with one of Jake Kotze's favourite numbers.
I actually had to check with other sources on the net to make sure it was Jake's birthday today or whether I was just imagining it was, like in one of those Berenstein Bears type senior moments;-)
Happy Birthday to Jake Kotze @ The Blob
Drinking Guinness out of an Irish Murphy's glass?
But even with my eyes starting to go a little strange, it was
a post from Strange Eye's blog in 2010 that confirmed that I wasn't having a Berenstein Bears type senior moment.
So, happy birthday Jake, you old bastard, and happy 
St. Patrick's Day to you and everyone else out there in blog land.
Cheers.
And happy birthday to you too Grimes.
I better stop drinking now before I head into 
a night as dark as a glass of Guinness;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment