Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 11, 2019

Black Mirror: As Happy as a Pig in Mud?

Destiny Hope Cyrus in 'Black Mirror' season 5?-)
George Miller's little Babe
From Jake Kotze's Instagram feed
I watched ...or maybe that should be played 'Black Mirror: Bandersnatch' on my iPad over the weekend and really loved "the joke's on me" element to it.
It's billed as an interactive movie where at certain points you come to a metaphorical crossroad with a choice on the left-hand side of the screen, or the right, where you have 10 seconds to decide the fate of the main character ... or your own if you just want to get to the end of this dark mind-f#ck of a mental labyrinth.
Sometimes there is only one "choice" that pops up on the screen for you to make.
And if you hit a dead-end you have to go back to the last choice and take the other choice to continue ... which really f#cked my initial strategy of always choosing the left-hand (dark) path in my initial run though this movie.
Which pill would you choose ... if you had a choice that is?-)
The second time I played it I tried to choose the right-hand option as much as I could to see what result I got, but it turned out much the same.
It sounds like you have to really spend some time on your black mirror to get a good outcome by the looks of the You Tube below.
But twice through the movie is enough for me.
I couldn't help thinking that Charlie Brooker is a secret fan of Jake Kotze's synchromystic films such as 'Amazing Angel' for some reason:-)
Starring Will Poulter as Gally
But that's the way synchromystism plays out in "real lifeI guess?
John Dee claimed to speak to angelsand spirits through a black mirror, so I guess this is what Charlie Brooker is comparing the modern black screens to?
Thinking Outside of the Box with Jason Louv?
From Jake Kotze's Instagram feed
Since 2019 is the Year of the Pig I found it rather synchromystic that Charlie Brooker and George Miller share more than just a birthday of March the 3rd (3/3?-).
They both seem to have a love for pigs and dystopian themes in their script writing.
Synchromysticism: The Writing Was on the Wall?
George Miller's 'Babe' is 24 years old this year, being released in 1995, which was also the Year of the Pig.
The Oz/RaINBOw Synchromystic Connection?
Well, Speak of the Devil Part 2: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Luke Perry and Oz?
Synchromysticism can be a dark rabbit hole to crawl through at times, can't it?
A Christmas HAMm?-)
Oh, and since we Australians are a day ahead of the USA, I should wish John Hamm from 'Black Mirror: White Christmas' fame a happy birthday for today:-)
I need to get off my computer iThink ... and watch something on my iPad;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment