Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 8, 2019

Robert Zemeckis and Remote Viewing?

I was listening to a 'Rune Soup' podcast today about remote viewing (more about that podcast and my thoughts on that remote viewing program in a future post) while also researching the 
Robert Zemeckis movie 'Contact' and I came across a You Tube that was trying to explain the movie 'Contact' and in the above screen shot from around the 8 minute mark of that You Tube is a split screen showing the three trees that Ellie Arroway would see on a distant planet that she drew as a child.
Would that be an example of remote viewing?
And if you wrote movie scripts about the past that seemed to predict an event in the future, would that be a form of remote viewing?
Or synchromysticism?
My idea of remote viewing ... a drive-in;-)
Or just cosmic chaotic coincidence?

4 comments:

  1. I thought the aliens did that (and appeared to her as her dad) so she would be comfortable with the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read the book that Sagan wrote or watched the movie 'Contact' for a number of years Daniel, I've only watched that 10 minute You Tube explaining the movie included in the post above where I took the screen shot of the child and the grown woman years apart with the three trees.
    My understanding was that the aliens showed up as her father by using her memories, but that the planet although surreal looking wasn't meant to be part of her memories specifically.
    Maybe I got that wrong?
    Still, that shot seems to represent the idea of remote viewing to me.
    Did she draw a scene from her future as a child, or did the aliens manipulate her childhood memories so she would remember the past of her childhood?
    Did the aliens even plant that image of the trees in her head when she was a child knowing that she would make the trip as a grown woman?
    I guess my real question here is did Zemeckis get some type of remote viewing experience when writing the BTTF movies in regard to to the 9/11 events of 2001 or is all the stuff we used out of the BTTF movies in our 'BTTF Predicts 9/11' You Tube just all coincidence beyond the filmmaker's understanding of what he wrote?
    As in what Jeff Kripal would term an "author of the impossible" experience?
    I guess only Robert can answer that ... or maybe he honestly can't?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think without reading the “Contact” book (which I haven’t done) it’s not apparent. The last time I watched the movie, though, I noticed the drawing and connected it to the end of the movie. I had never done that before, for whatever reason. I believed at the time the ending was made up of her memories, though, whatever the case ends up being.

    That being said, it’s certainly interesting Zemeckis seems to manifest some form of predictive quality in his work, but the BTTF synchronicities are more worrisome if they weren’t the product of remote viewing. I fear whatever force could be at work there more than I do some guy sitting at a desk with paper and pen, sketching out the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're hooked into the source Daniel ... which I believe we all are ... then what's to fear?
    I'm sure both of us have been hanging around the universe a lot longer than our current meat-suits would have us believe.
    Buckle up and make the most of the ride, as it's about to get a little bumpy soon I feel.

    ReplyDelete