Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 21, 2019

Thus Spoke the Plant?

My lucky bamboo plant near my kitchen sink
I listened to the latest 'Rune Soup' podcast this morning about plant communication and intelligence -
TALKING PLANT COGNITION AND COMMUNICATION WITH DR MONICA GAGLIANO
before going downstairs to make my morning coffee, water my plant Robert (Robert Plant ... get it?-) and tear another date from my Chinese wall calendar.
And while I have no idea what day it is in China that calls for a lady standing by a willow, I found it all rather synchronistic.
Lucky Bamboo/Lily and Dandelions
The contents of my fridge's freezer at present
I like how Monica used the pea plant in her Bioneers talk, as peas are a current food staple of mine at the moment.
I mix them into my brown rice, with broccoli, chili peppers, soy sauce, tomato sauce, Tabasco sauce and olive oil as a frequent dinner meal.
Not that I am or was a vegetarian, but for the last year I had been on a pretty much strict non-dairy vegetarian diet.
But this year I have decided to include the odd sustainable seafood meal in my diet.
 Maybe I should grow my own peas in my backyard so I have more plants to chat with?-)
Retrosuburbia?
The funny thing also was I had just listened to a podcast at
'The Human Experience' podcast with Dennis McKenna right before hearing what Gordon's podcast was about this week.
Episode 123A Drink With Dr. Dennis Mckenna: Plants, Ecology, Ayahusca
My slice of ayahuasca vine on my key-rack
I've never done Psychedelics before, even though I do have a piece of the ayahuasca vine hanging on my key-rack in the kitchen.
Maybe one day I will use them (not my key-ring though, I won't go on much of a trip with that, unless it's hanging from my car keys;-) if I get the chance in the right set and setting.
Maybe?
"Origins of Consciousness Tour" - Brisbane

No comments:

Post a Comment