Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 6, 2019

March Magic?

I was reading my copy of 'The Magpie and the Wardrobe' today and flicking through the month of March and noticed the ribbon magic/tree wishing section for March.
This brought back some happy
(and sad ... my dad passed away in 2016) memories for me of the only time in my life that I ever tied a ribbon/message to a tree ... and it worked, coincidentally, or otherwise -

Shark Week in the Year of the Monkey
My wish hanging on the wishing
 tree at the
Crystal Castle
I don't know what month I did this, but it had to have been preseason, so maybe March?
 So I can't say that it doesn't work, but I hope for the sake of this girl's sister in the picture below that her wish didn't come true:-)
The Sharks won their first NRL Grand Final in the 
Year of the Monkey, so I can't help thinking that Sonny looks like a giant banana in this clip below singing about tying a ribbon around the old oak tree;-)
Poor old Sonny lost his life by skiing into a tree.
 I never realized what a ... um ... singer Sonny was until I listened to those clips above.
The only thing I find frustrating about this book is that I live in Australia and while March might fall in spring in the northern hemisphere, it's Autumn down here.
I did find this old folklore about daffodils and Ash Wednesday interesting though, because today is Ash Wednesday.
Ironically that's all my dad's monkey suit is now ... ash.
And he passed away on 13/9/16.
Genesis 3:19?-)
The Siren, the Lady Bird and Ash Wednesday/Valentine's Day?
Synchronicity is for the Birds?
I guess today is a good reminder that soon too my monkey suit will be nothing but ash ... but not my soul;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment